• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Promise and Bridget

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
Earlier this week I collected a stray bunny and wished people wouldn't dump their animals..so named her Wish

Tonight I have collected two does from a breeder who is giving up..and yes she really is, she only has 3 young males left.
The does are both hugely overweight and have been bred too much..the 2 1/2 year old has had 10-12 litters, couldn't remember exactly:( .all large numbers in each litter
So I made a promise to them that I will help them get fit and find loving homes never having to have so many babies again
So first girl is now named Promise..she is the 2 1/2 year old, is a lionhead and is huge

Promise.jpg

pic from above showing her lack of waistline

promiseup.jpg

and her friend who was bought from Pets at Home and despite being only 18 months old has had at least 7 litters:(
She should be a small bunny but again is so overweight..there is a very pretty girl in there somewhere
Now named Bridget

Bridget1.jpg

and again from above..doesn't look as bad until you pick her up

Bridget.jpg

they will be weighed tomorrow and on a diet

I despair Jill.

I just wish every back yard breeder would bloomin' give it all up and then we wouldn't have half the work on our hands. Oh, maybe we would - Pets at Risk are still churning them out afterall.

Poor girls, but onwards and upwards and no more babies for them. Their lives just changed forever - good work Mrs Woodward x

what makes me mad is if you see the number of litters..a) is it accurate and if not why the blooming heck doesn't the old owner know:censored:
and b) if it is then definitely back to back matings and kits taken away young:censored:
either way :censored::censored:

Trying hard to bite my tongue about breeders.:censored:

These poor girls - BUT they have a happy life ahead of them now and I hope they find their forever homes soon.

Bless them, and very best wishes for a happier future. I hope they like hay as it looks like they will be on a strict diet for a good while.

Just to explain, we do not usually take ex breeding stock as do not like to help breeders out making room for new animals
This breeder is definitely giving up and after reading about the number of pregnancies these two girls have had and seen that other BYBs were interested in them.I had to get them out of going to another breeding home

Bless them. Such lovely looking buns too. Well done you, and I hope your wish does come true!!

Wont tell Bobo that buns are not supposed to look like a generous beef wellington from above.

Time for a diet Big Boy!! :roll::lol:

Back