• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Flix and Gaga's winterproofing...

jordanrose

Warren Scout
Been insulating the Babbity Bunhouse today, and thought I'd post some piccies to show how I've done it (very cheaply I might add! :D)

So, first of all I tackled their cat kennel (I found it was bigger that the standard rabbit huts), by lining the ceiling with newspaper:
DSCN0949.jpg

And stuffing it with straw (and some of their favourite hay, so they can have a snack in there, too)
DSCN0952.jpg

DSCN0953.jpg

I think it got Gaga's seal of approval :p

Popped the roof back on et voila! A very cosy snuggle house:
DSCN0967.jpg

DSCN0961.jpg

Oh, Flix had to test the roof out, of course :roll:
DSCN0969.jpg

Back in its place in the shed, with their blanket providing extra warmth-
DSCN0976.jpg

Also stuffed the big tray with straw, as they like to lay in there sometimes, as well.
DSCN0971.jpg

Another place they like to snuggle is in the hutch, so I've also packed that with straw, whilst lining it with newspaper and a thick blanket:
DSCN0979.jpg

Should be toasty!

A few weeks ago, I also insulated the shed roof with some polystyrene sheets (a friend gave me them, as there were loads in the attic when he moved out)

The 'loft conversion', as I like to call it:
PC095545.jpg

And the shed as a whole (complete with downstairs, upstairs (hutch), loft conversion and 'roof terrace' :lol: (again, the blankets on top of the hutch should provide a bit more heat, as well)
PC075469.jpg

I'll also be giving them snugglesafes underneath their bed when the temperatures really drop.

They've never seen snow, so I'm looking forward to seeing them hoppiting around in it, should it fall :thumb:

Thanks guys! :wave: I love their window shelf, too, it's my favourite part (maybe because it's the easiest bit to clean?); they like to sit and watch the world go by, they're a nosey pair :)

Back