• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Dexter's dead

Loved that little bunny so much. The infection must have been deeper than we thought. I can't believe it happened on the train of all places. So upset for my sister. :cry:

i am so sorry...... that's so sad.. Thinking of you..
Binky Free Dexter....
Fee xxxx

Oh no how awful. Is he the rabbit who had eye trouble a while ago. Im probably getting confused but i recognise his name from a few months ago. Lots of hugs to you both.

What an awful thing to happen - she must have felt so helpless... and then to have had to just continue her journey - I guess?

I've just checked back and you had posted a photo of him when he had the infection so he is the rabbit who i was thinking of. I remember falling in love with pic it was sad but he looked so lovely and he was the most beautiful rabbit. You have all been through a lot recently. At last he is pain free and you did everything you could for him

Yeah. :(

Luckily she's only fifteen minutes from Manchester now and my dad's picking her up.

She rang me in tears and I could hear him squealing down the phone. He's the one who choked a little while ago and it brought on a huge infection. She thought he was better and he was going to have a dental in a few days. I just can't believe this has happened at all let alone on the train. I'm in massive shock I just can't imagine how she's feeling. Please if anyone can send her some good wishes. :(

Sending her massive hugs, loosing a bun is hard at anytime but her situation would be even harder. My thoughts are with her and you.xxxx:(

What a terrible thing for your sister to witness. I hope it didn't last long and he wasn't in too much pain. He will be missed by many people. He was one of my favourites on here. Lots more hugs for you and your sister. Im sure having you there is a comfort for her. X

Thank you all. I'm sure it will mean a lot too her that so many people care.

It lasted about ten minutes. :(

That is heart breaking. Poor little thing. At least he is pain free now but probably not a lot of consolation after witnessing that.

Back