• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

on his own

curlyanwurly

Warren Scout
do some old rabbits not like new company? or is it just mine:roll:, fred lots his girlfriend about 2 months ago, hes nearly 8yrs and we've tried to bond him but without success, he attacks her , he lives down the end of the garden with the run of the endo f the garden then I have 2 more bonded bunnies that have the run of the top half of the garden, all 3 often sit by the gate that seperates them looking through to each other but the female is very teratorial so much so my cat is now scared to go outside when shes out as the rabbit will attact the cat:shock:, anyway will the ol boy be ok on his own but meeting these two through the gate? I have no room for another bun if he wont take to a different one so he hasnt really got much choice, down his end of the garden are also guineapigs that have a hutch and run so he has company of sorts just not a bunny to snuggle up with at night

Yes, I've certainly heard of this, particularly in older buns who've lost a partner.
Personally, I wouldn't push it.

Back