• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Harry has arrived!!!

Schez

Mama Doe
Some of you may know that I offered the lovely Harry a home for Natty123 early last week and today was the BIG day. Harry (affectionately known as haribo) arrived today.
Bless his little cotton tail, he is gooooorgeous. :love: :love: :love:

I can't believe he's here and giving a bun a new home is an amazing feeling.

He is a happy, healthy little fella. When Natty123 and her daughter left, they kindly left a bag of food and grass in a carrier; when I went back into the living room after saying goodbye, he was almost in the bag! He hopped around the living room investigating carefully and when I got down on he floor with him, he let me stroke his head. I couldn't resist, I picked him up and had a cuddle on the sofa. :D
He was a little frightened at first, but then I felt him relax and he snuggled into me. Slowly, his eyes started to close, so I'm taking this as a very good start to settling in. :thumb:

I introduced him to his new hutch and quietly left him to it. My son went out to see him (he's three) and I explained how Harry must be feeling and that we had to give him lots of time to get used to us. He said hello to him, blew him a kiss (melt) and said good-night. :D

I've been out to check him, and he's nestled in the straw... Half his grass and pellets have gone and he's definitely had a drink so he must be doing o.k.

The plan is to get his vaccinations done and to have him neutured. We will then bond him with Daisy who I think is being over-dominated by her hutch partner Stanleigh. :( When they were first together they were inseparable, but now they are not getting on, and because Daisy is so quiet, I am worried she's not having a great quality of life. I Hope to bond Stanleigh with a husbunny who can take on her attitude. ;)

I just wanted to end the post by saying thank you to Natty123 for not only taking the time to bring Harry to us but also for trusting us to continue her care and love for Harry. Xxx

Photo's will soon follow. ;)

Oh my gosh schez this is so lovely :love: I'm so glad he's settling well! Hopefully he will get on well with daisy :D just to let you know, I was feeding him but he is just quite greedy and eats so much :lol: so happy your all happy with him :love:

Oh my gosh schez this is so lovely :love: I'm so glad he's settling well! Hopefully he will get on well with daisy :D just to let you know, I was feeding him but he is just quite greedy and eats so much :lol: so happy your all happy with him :love:

Ah... We are gonna have to watch Haribo then, little muncher. ;)
Just so you know, you can always send a text to see how he's getting on whenever you like (genuine offer, not just pleasantries - was lovely to meet you. xx :wave: )

Ah... We are gonna have to watch Haribo then, little muncher. ;)
Just so you know, you can always send a text to see how he's getting on whenever you like (genuine offer, not just pleasantries - was lovely to meet you. xx :wave: )

Thank you :D I'm so glad he's found such a lovely new home, I know he is going to be cared for really well :thumb: Thank you for the snacks as well :lol:

Back