• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Treats With EGG ????

I can't see egg as an ingredient although the link takes me to the mobile site as I'm using my phone tonight

It's worryingly common, isn't it? :(:roll:

Although to be honest I'm not entirely sure why egg would be bad for rabbits.

Good job I make my purchases using the laptop, God knows what I would buy if stuffs hidden off mobile sites.

Surely companies know rabbits don't eat eggs

Most treats I've seen, and admittedly probably used to buy when I first got Beano have egg in them :? and meat products?! :(

I fed my buns egg based treats all the time when I got started. It's the same with horse feeds - and human for that matter. Most people don't know what they are eating or feeding theIR animals. I'VE BROKE THAT BUTTON AGAIN. WILL BE BACK IN A MIN. SORRY FOR SHOUTING

I fed my buns egg based treats all the time when I got started. It's the same with horse feeds - and human for that matter. Most people don't know what they are eating or feeding theIR animals. I'VE BROKE THAT BUTTON AGAIN. WILL BE BACK IN A MIN. SORRY FOR SHOUTING

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I've always actively avoided ones with egg in, but whilst I know eggs are hardly part of a normal buns diet :roll: is their any health reasons why it shouldn't be fed?

I made the same mistakes when I first got my buns, I prefer now to use veggies and the odd piece of fruit as a treat. They're both really good and love Hay so I get them only DFH which they adore.

Errrrrr did you not know that rabbits in the wild are always eating their eggs? Sunny side up is their preference :roll:

I've always actively avoided ones with egg in, but whilst I know eggs are hardly part of a normal buns diet :roll: is their any health reasons why it shouldn't be fed?

I've wondered this too. Obviously eggs are not something a rabbit in the wild would eat, but I'm sure this is true of other ingredients. What I'd like to know is can egg actually harm a rabbit, and in what way.

Don't worry, Spenser is not having an egg for his breakfast!

surely water or even Pumpkin would work as a binding agent?
I look a complete snob at pets shops ill route through all treats and make sarcastic comments about the ingredients:oops:

I saw treats with eggshells once and asked the vet who said it was probably put in to give rabbits extra calcium :?

This is one of the reasons I am a mean bunny mummy and don't buy shop bought treats.

They get lots of veg and forage with the occasional fruit treat or I make my own in the oven out of their usual pellets and a few extras.

I got given eggy bunny biscuits, yes that's what they were called.
I gave them to my friend and told him they were cakes.
They looked and apparantly tasted like the sponge fingers used in trifles.
He ate them all And said they tasted really sweet.
So not only egg but added sugar too :roll:
Its just like parrot food.
In parrot mix there are always loads and loads of sunflower seeds, the parrots eat them and become addicted to them and then they get fatty liver disease im sure.
There's no need for the sunflower seed. They just use it to bulk out the product.

I saw treats with eggshells once and asked the vet who said it was probably put in to give rabbits extra calcium :?

This is what I find confusing, I remember form an old thread that eggshells were used in rabbit food, I can't remember which one but it was one that I was considering so it was either excel or SS and everybody thought that was fine!

I was like :shock: and everybody else just sorta said it was a natural source of calcium!!!!

So that's why I find this so confusing, why is egg bad if eggshell is good?

Back