• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Ludo is poorly, I'm so worried, U/D Sunday 10am: HE'S POOING!!! :)

Hesperus

Warren Veteran
So, Ludo seemed to be fine after his soft poo incidents earlier in the week but this morning he's not eaten overnight at all and his normal poos have turned into tiny slimey dark brown almost triangular things. :(

He's going to see the vet in 50 minutes, luckily I've got my favourite vet too. His front teeth were fine and he's not holding his tummy funny or anything, and is fine in himself, so I'm hoping that I've caught the problem in time before he gets really poorly.

I only lost Harry in October I'm not sure I'd cope if I lost another one so I really hope he's ok...I'm so worried because there doesn't seem to have been a cause, especially as the vet not long ago checked the back teeth and they were ok.

Last edited:
Lots and lots of vibes. I hope the vet can help him get back to his normal self quickly xxx

Just an update...

The vet checked everything. His stomach and teeth are fine and they couldn't find a root cause.

However, his stomach was completely empy and his guts weren't working at all.

He's had gut stimulant, painkillers, antacids and I got a tube of Fibreplex to feed him, which he took all of like a good boy.

I really hope and pray he'll be better I love him so much. :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Thank you. I've just opened a new bag of hay and put that in to tempt him and now am leaving him alone for a few hours I expect he's stressed.

Oh I'm so sorry, hope Ludo picks up. It's so stressful and upsetting when they are ill. Does he like Fibreplex, Doughnut would eat that off the syringe and I think it's really good stuff.

Could you put a few herbs down to tempt him?

I love the name Ludo, so cute btw.

Thanks everyone, I feel dreadful he squeaked when we had to give him the Fibreplex earlier as he's getting so fed up with being picked up and taken to the vets etc.

I feel so guilty like we're torturing him.

He has eaten a bit of hay and a few pellets but no poops as yet.

Good luck! Catch 22 , If he hates being handled the stress might make him not want to eat so much, why can't they understand we're trying to help?

Thanks everyone, I feel dreadful he squeaked when we had to give him the Fibreplex earlier as he's getting so fed up with being picked up and taken to the vets etc.

I feel so guilty like we're torturing him.

He has eaten a bit of hay and a few pellets but no poops as yet.

:D Hurrah that's he's eating! Where nibbling happens, poos will follow!

Update this morning:

He's done three poos last night but none overnight and is still only nibbling tiny bits. I thought he was improving and expected more poos this morning but no. :(

I'm so worried I can't see that he's going to make it.

Back to the vet in less than an hour.

I can't stop crying and I can't eat either :cry:

I'll get dressed and go and do it. Doubt the vet wants me in Fibreplex-covered PJs. Thanks for all the support!

Oh god, I've so been there. PJs covered in Recovery. Best of luck, and I really do think the massages help. Mines has stasis four times and each time it was the massage that finally got things going.

Well, he's had a tummy massage and done one poo.

Been to the vets had all the different injections done etc. Has been moved into the hospital wing of the house (my study).

He's now sulking in his litter area I hope he's not too stressed.

Fingers crossed he'll get over the stress and move to sit in the normal area and eat.

Back