• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The One Show/ rabbit in a box

Aly&Poppy<3

Wise Old Thumper
Did anyone see it then? A rabbit in a Chinese restaurant :? A pet rabbit kept in an empty onion box with a crate box on top :? It was the daughters, surely they have a cage or something in a bedroom:? Rather than the kitchen!

It's the way they were like "yes, a pet rabbit in a restaurant!" Not "they're keeping it in a cardboard box and now moved it into the reception area, we should report them to the RSPCA" :?

It's on that food inspection programme at 8pm tonight on bbc1 I think. I'm not watching it, will just get annoyed!

Did anyone see it then? A rabbit in a Chinese restaurant :? A pet rabbit kept in an empty onion box with a crate box on top :? It was the daughters, surely they have a cage or something in a bedroom:? Rather than the kitchen!

It's the way they were like "yes, a pet rabbit in a restaurant!" Not "they're keeping it in a cardboard box and now moved it into the reception area, we should report them to the RSPCA" :?

It's on that food inspection programme at 8pm tonight on bbc1 I think. I'm not watching it, will just get annoyed!

I saw the trailer and also wont be watching.

that box is soo small, where they keeping it? they said not acceptable keeping it where preparing food, what about not acceptable kept the way it is :cry:
couldnt see any food or water

that box is soo small, where they keeping it? they said not acceptable keeping it where preparing food, what about not acceptable kept the way it is :cry:

Poor little thing :( They may well have dealt with the rabbit separately but the programme not just shown it. They probably had to film for months to get the gruesome footage for the programme, so they're going to focus on the 'food inspector' bit simply because that gives the sensational snippets and is what the show is about.

Poor little thing :( They may well have dealt with the rabbit separately but the programme not just shown it. They probably had to film for months to get the gruesome footage for the programme, so they're going to focus on the 'food inspector' bit simply because that gives the sensational snippets and is what the show is about.

yeah hope the rabbit is ok and in better conditions now

I'm so concerned about that poor rabbit :( it looked petrified and there was no food or water :(

I'm watching it and I was left very sceptical that it was the 'children's pet'... why would they bring a rabbit into a chinese takeaway in a small box, without food or water, except to use it as an item on the menu :? Rabbit tastes a bit like chicken (I know as my mum used to serve us 'chicken stew' on Mondays and only later in life confessed it was my dad who used to kill one of our rabbits each weekend for the pot). I'd be very suspicious of that rabbit in a box and I can't believe it was just glossed over.

I saw this! I just can't understand it either - something doesn't seem quite right with the whole situation and when the inspector returned after they were closed because of the filthy conditions, I didn't hear any mention of the rabbit. I think I will watch it again on iPlayer, get the name of the restaurant and contact RSPCA that way? Although I am positive other people have done the same, but you can never be too sure..

That would be really great of you.. I cant seem to find any direct contact info for the show either... Or the bbc for that matter. It just says go on the messageboards...mfft

Back