• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Survey: How many rabbits enjoy being handled?

CrazyGal330

Warren Scout
I think most people here would say that the majority of rabbits do not "enjoy" being handled, some hate it, some tolerate it, and a special few genuinely enjoy cuddles. I was curious as to the actual ratio of "normal" rabbits to cuddle enjoying rabbits so I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread to gather numbers if people could join in we could get an idea of how rare/common they really are. For the purposes of this I mean being picked up or cuddled as handling, as this seems to be the misconception for many people. I'll go first for my parents bunnies:

Number of rabbits: 3
Number that enjoy handling:0
Number that tolerate handling:2
Number that hate handling:1
:wave:

Number of rabbits: 2
Number that enjoy handling:2
Number that hate handling: 0

Number of rabbits: 5
Number that enjoy handling:0 but can depend on the mood of the rabbit lol
Number that tolerate handling:5 but with honey and charlie as soon as you start to move with them they wriggle like mad!all are generally good with bun checks etc...
Number that hate handling:0

2 buns
0 enjoy being picked up
Ori likes nose rubs and is ok being picked up and you can snuggle him
Scarlet will tolerate being picked up (she doesn't struggle, just has a definite "get off me ape" look on her face) but doesn't like being fussed at all and hops away

past and present rabbits included

3 buns
3 tolerated being picked up
0 enjoyed being picked up
1 hate being picked up (even though he tolerates it, you can tell he really doesn't like it)

Number that enjoy handling:1
Number that hate handling:0

Number of rabbits: 7
Number that enjoy handling:6
Number that tolerate handling:1 Matilda:lol::roll: she just has no time for cuddles ha
Number that hate handling:

Number that enjoy handling:1
Number that tolerate handling:0
Number that hate handling:1

buttons tolerates being handled by my oh, but with me, it'sa big no no"

8 Bunnies...

4 hate it (Willow, Molly, Rosey and Bertie)
2 tolerate it (hope and Poppy)
2 like it (Lucky and Daisy)

I really dont make a habbit of picking them up unless im putting them into the carrier/moving them from somewhere etc :)

Number of rabbits: 7
Number that enjoy handling: 2
Number that tolerate handling: 2
Number that hate handling: 3

3 rabbits

Tolerate it for up to 5 minutes - 2
Goes completely ballistic, and will even attempt to jump out of my arms when I'm standing up - 1

Back