• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Wonky face sometimes?

margarita

Young Bun
I noticed that Margarita sometimes has wonky face. It happens to both sides and only for a few seconds once in a while, im not sure if that is normal (sniffing). I brought it to the vets attention and she is fine but I just want to make sure its a normal bunny thing. Shes eats drinks poos all normal. Binkys every night and shows no signs of not feeling well.

Anyone else ever experience this with their buns?

thanks
:D

Last edited:
I can try but she only does it for a second, thats why im not sure if shes sniffing of wiskers are feeling the air. She does it on both sides. but i did notice more on one side. I will try to see if she does it tonight.

Ok i was able to get a picture although it is not great. I am bringing her to the vet tonight. she sneezed a few times yesterday and her nose seemed wet (but it always seems a little wet to me)

Thanks

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Her left side i notice more pulls up than the right side

Ok i was able to get a picture although it is not great. I am bringing her to the vet tonight. she sneezed a few times yesterday and her nose seemed wet (but it always seems a little wet to me)

Thanks

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Her left side i notice more pulls up than the right side

My Billy does this from time to time too. At first I was worried it could be an something in his mouth, or some sort of facial paralysis, but he looks to the other side and it goes away. And sometimes the parts that's lower is on the opposite side. It's quite a mystery, but it seems to be normal so far.

Also, Billy has a wet nose 90% of the time (just water , no discharge of any kind) which I am pretty sure is just condensation on the hairs of his nose from his breathing (it's soaked in water after running for a while for example). So I wouldn't panic over it.

Still, a vet visit will clear everything up :)

Thank for the info I feel better. Still seeing the vet tonight as the sneezing is what bothers me. I have a long list of things to discuss with my vet so i hope hes ready lol:mrgreen:

I have noticed my bunny pulls on side of his upper lip so to speak back for a few seconds so if you are looking at him at that moment he looks odd but he does it both sides and I notice he does it when he is eating so it must be just like up moving our upper lips.

Back