• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Bella's foot seems to be worse! U/D 11/01

Jackaroonie

Mama Doe
so as most of you know a family member of mine stood on bella's front left paw last Wednesday before midnight , took her in to the vets and she and Pickle stayed in and Bella had an xray for her heart and paw , thankfully was not broken just bruised and tissue damage :/ however nearly a week gone and she's still holding it up and looks in pain :?

Today she came running to see me holding up her foot , gave her metacam to her and got their small cup of pellets ready and gave to them , as you know Rex's are greedy little bunnie s :lol: Bella ate a few pellets then wandered off so she could hold up her foot for a while whereas she normally enthusiastically eats for a few minutes. My poor girl :(

Last edited:
Sounds like shes still painful. Could you ask your vet about looking at her dosage of metcam? They may be able to up it a bit.

Keep an extra close eye on her eating.

Sounds like shes still painful. Could you ask your vet about looking at her dosage of metcam? They may be able to up it a bit.

Keep an extra close eye on her eating.

She is on 0.7ml twice a day as it is for her arthritis and root problems but have incresed to 0.8ml while her foot is poorly , I'm at school at the moment but hopefully she is okay .

Aww bless... big hugs, hope shes feeling a bit more chipper soon!!!

Thanks everyone! Shall be back about 4 and will see how she is ,its just not fair for her . She has enough pain without thus added to it, heart disease, arthritis in her spine , root problems. We are lucky she's such a strong brave girl :love: if it wasn't for metacam and fortekor I don't know if she would be here . she is my special girl :love:

The vet may be reluctant to increase her metacam, but its worth asking if they will consider giving her another pain relief alongside, such as Tramadol, for some extra relief short term

9 days since the incident...

9 days today since she was accidentally stood on

foot_zpsba1e857f.jpg
[/IMG]

she is still holding it up and she gets quite tired after a bit of walking about :(

When is her next check up re her heart ?

she had an x-ray last friday, she had 2 plates 1 for her foot and then another for her heart. thankfully her heart has decreased in size and all the other organs are okay too :) so she is responding to the fortekor really well :D

Back