• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Covering hutches??

emmiiee

Warren Veteran
For the last week or so I've had the covers up 24/7 the temps have been like 6-8c overnight! and not much rain, so I've left them up, tho apparently the end of the week is meant to be getting colder.

I'm putting them down tonight cos heavy rain is forcast.

Di you put covers down everynight or do you wait until it reaches a certain low temp and if so what temp? I'm thinking if it goes lower than 3c overnight then i'll put the covers down x

never put covers over if it's just cold, i don't think they need it to be honest unless its an old single bunny! I do put the outdoor ones' tarp down if it's raining though :wave:

never put covers over if it's just cold, i don't think they need it to be honest unless its an old single bunny! I do put the outdoor ones' tarp down if it's raining though :wave:

yh I have a 6yo bun plus 2 guinea pigs, am I'm more tempted to put their covers down and leave the others up.

tho when ive put there covers down late at like 2am and its like -3 there all still sat out in it haha!

I've kept my covers up for the last few nights but they are down tonight as it is supposed to rain. When it gets very cold like around freezing I will cover them up to try to keep the cold air out.

Back