• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Noodle.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
Noodle arrived last year, at the age of 7. She was not easy to handle and when spayed had a uterine tumour. She is a much happier bunny since being spayed and was suspect she may have been in some pain.
CA76D8B5-CF68-4B37-9F47-C984371E666F-479-0000018977468615.jpg

We sadly lost Noodle today, at the age of 11.
She recently developed issues with her incisors and arthritis, which we were trying to manage but she also had raised kidney enzymes and I think had gone into full kidney failure.
She leaves behind a confused and blind 12 year old Kev, who I am concerned may struggle without her.

We sadly lost Noodle today, at the age of 11.
She recently developed issues with her incisors and arthritis, which we were trying to manage but she also had raised kidney enzymes and I think had gone into full kidney failure.
She leaves behind a confused and blind 12 year old Kev, who I am concerned may struggle without her.

I'm so sorry to hear this :(

What will you do about Kev? Poor wee one x

I'm so sorry to hear this :(

What will you do about Kev? Poor wee one x

I really don't know. We are trying to drop numbers due to Mike being redundant but have agreed to take in a hand reared wildie, and we also have a young wildie here but they will be too flighty for him.
At 12, being blind and arthritic, I may just have to keep him as a single bun, i'm loathe to do it though as he's been alone for the 10 years before coming to me and like having a friend.

I really don't know. We are trying to drop numbers due to Mike being redundant but have agreed to take in a hand reared wildie, and we also have a young wildie here but they will be too flighty for him.
At 12, being blind and arthritic, I may just have to keep him as a single bun, i'm loathe to do it though as he's been alone for the 10 years before coming to me and like having a friend.

Oh gosh I see what you mean. I had the same issue with a very old blind rabbit losing a partner. I did get a friend, but if you're looking to reduce numbers then I guess that's out.

How's he coping? I found my little one didn't want to get out of bed after losing a partner :cry:

Aww :( Sweet dreams Noodle. What fantastic ages your bunnies reach :love: Sending many vibes for Kev, hoping with all my heart he copes ok, poor wee man xx

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of Noodle. :( She was a lovely bunny. I hope Kev will be okay. xxxx

Oh gosh I see what you mean. I had the same issue with a very old blind rabbit losing a partner. I did get a friend, but if you're looking to reduce numbers then I guess that's out.

How's he coping? I found my little one didn't want to get out of bed after losing a partner :cry:

:love:

I thought I'd update about Kev, who is the 12.5 year old companion, Noodle left behind.
I had him next to Domino and Mocha (2 small, calm buns) with the thought of bonding him with them.
Sadly he had developed a tumour in his elbow and it has become infected. We are fighting the infection but I doubt he will be fit enough to be bonded again, so we are going to keep him next door to the wee buns and try to keep him comfortable for as long as he has.

12.5 years is a good age for a rabbit and it sounds as though he will be able to remain comfortable next to Domino and Mocha. Sending him lots of vibes.

I thought I'd update about Kev, who is the 12.5 year old companion, Noodle left behind.
I had him next to Domino and Mocha (2 small, calm buns) with the thought of bonding him with them.
Sadly he had developed a tumour in his elbow and it has become infected. We are fighting the infection but I doubt he will be fit enough to be bonded again, so we are going to keep him next door to the wee buns and try to keep him comfortable for as long as he has.

I am sorry he has the tumour, but glad that he has the companionship of Domino and Mocha whilst he tries to recover :love:

Back