• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please help

Jemma&Theo

Mama Doe
Hi,

This is going to be frank because I havent got the time to go very much into detail.

Im about to have my Rabbit Lucy PTS, I havent got time to post in the "Rabbits in Need" section as it is happening today.

She is 3 years old pure Dwarf Lop, Blue.

She has regular dentals and has periods of starvation and stasis in between this. She is suffering. She lives with two other lively happy bunnies but because of her problems she is often quiet and withdrawn.

I dont want a huge debate. Please. I have agonised over this enough.

Please ask yourself this question. Are you in a position to collect a rabbit from the Wolverhampton area of the West Midlands? Are you able to offer one on one care as a single bunny so that her food input and poo output can be monitored? Are you able to spend £150 every quarter on vets bills and care?
Are you able to sit with her and syringe feed and give meds throughout the day and night when she goes into stasis?

If the answer is no please dont delay the inevitable. I give the ok in the next half an hour. Just wanted to give her a last chance with someone who can give her what she needs. I cant, I have another 4 bunnies and a 10 month old baby to look after and I work shifts aswell.

Please, no personal attacks or spiteful messages. I have been guilted into decisions regarding her in the past. Now she has suffered again because I was peer pressured into keeping hold of a bunny that I could not devote enough time to.

She is neutered and 3-4 years old.

Thanks

we will take her. This is a genuine post.

We cannot collect today because we have to go by train to London in an hour for something we have booked.

We can collect either during this week or at weekend.

I will then have her immediately looked at by our vet to make sure she is comfortable and has any necessary dental immediately.

PM me and I will email you.

twigs

PS What will happen to Twiglet - has he another partner? We cannot really take more than one.

we will take her. This is a genuine post.

We cannot collect today because we have to go by train to London in an hour for something we have booked.

We can collect either during this week or at weekend.

I will then have her immediately looked at by our vet to make sure she is comfortable and has any necessary dental immediately.

PM me and I will email you.

twigs

PS What will happen to Twiglet - has he another partner? We cannot really take more than one.

thankyou so much

Twiglet is still with noodle. They are a 3some

She is currently at the vets having had an xray and is currently having IV fluids, pain meds and syring feeding.

Will PM you

are you sure you can travel that far?

thankyou so much

Twiglet is still with noodle. They are a 3some

She is currently at the vets having had an xray and is currently having IV fluids, pain meds and syring feeding.

Will PM you

are you sure you can travel that far?

we would prefer to be met but if not can do the journey (though havnt yet even looked at how far it is)

Will she be well enough to travel in the next few days?

What did the xray show?

will PM - however leaving for London train in less than an hour so dont worry if PMs cuddenly cut off!

Just looked it up and its only about 2.5 hours away! (did 4 hours each way last week for a talk so 2.5 hours is nothing!!)

Have PMd and will ring you

The place in our hearts and lives which we have to offer Lucy has been very very very kindly donated by Pansy - our beloved blue eyed lion head lop from BARC who passed away very peacefully at 10.20am this morning after developing a tumour in her throat which within 10 days of diagnosis has led to an inevitable and sad decision as it grew uncontrollably.

Last edited:
we would prefer to be met but if not can do the journey (though havnt yet even looked at how far it is)

What did the xray show?

will PM - however leaving for London train in less than an hour so dont worry if PMs cuddenly cut off!

yes of course I will meet you as far as I can. Il check it out now I think its rather a jaunt.

The xray showed no obstruction or blockage... just Bloat. They initially feared a tumour.

from what I can gather shes ok metacam, infacol, errr gut stimulant (name escapes me) , fluids and they are syringing recovery. She has passed poo today and nibbled hay overnight and they said the impaction is reducing but is still present. They expect her to be fit to go home tomorrow PM. Are you free tomorrow evening ?

Twigs - I'm so sorry for your loss. Binky free Pansy.

I firmly believe that when a bunny passes, they send another along because they know how well they'll be cared for - it's happened to me so many times but just not quite as quick as this.........

This was meant to be. A good outcome for Lucy and for both of you ladies x

What did the xray show?

Just looked it up and its only about 2.5 hours away! (did 4 hours each way last week for a talk so 2.5 hours is nothing!!)

Have PMd and will ring you

The place in our hearts and lives which we have to offer Lucy has been very very very kindly donated by Pansy - our beloved blue eyed lion head lop from BARC who passed away very peacefully at 10.20am this morning after developing a tumour in her throat which within 10 days of diagnosis has led to an inevitable and sad decision as it grew uncontrollably.

Just saw you added more on, So sorry to hear this. I really am.

This is lucy

http://s169.beta.photobucket.com/us...t=3&o=25&_suid=135764529910102959777246209031

Twigs, what a star you are! Pansy will be very happy with her mum helping another bunny in need.

I also agree with the concept of a passing bunny bringing a bunny in need to you. My Kermits' passing brought Inca & Herbie to me.

Hope that Lucy is well enough to travel to Twigs soon :) Hopefully all the fresh forage at Twigs' place will help with Lucy's teeth & tummy.

Oh what a wonderful thread.

What a lucky little bunny Lucy is. What a lovely offer and Jemma I think you were brave starting such a post. It shows you love your bunnies by just posting about her on the off chance when you thought you would get a lot of back lash.

What a great thing to do Twigs :thumb: and also Jemma&Theo for being responsible and attempting to give Lucy a second chance rather than having her PTS. Twigs - I can give a small donation for Lucy's care if you send your paypal address

Twigs, you are amazing! what a lovely offer :love: I'm so sorry to hear about Pansy though :cry: agree with cpayne about Jemma's OP, it was a very selfless and honourable thing to do even though you knew you may well have been criticised! :wave:

I can help with a bunnyrun if needed?

Well done Twigs for offering a home :thumb:

What a wonderful outcome for everyone concerned :love: I'm so sorry about Pansy Twigs but I am sure she would be glad to know you are helping another bun in distress. Jemma&Theo I think you were really brave to post so frankly and ask for help, you did the right thing as hard as it is. (((big hugs for all of you)))

This thread has made me realise what an amazing forum this is with some wonderful members. So glad this bunny has a chance, such a hard decision to give her up but sometimes we can only do so much. She is a ery lucky girl and I hope she is feeling better soon.x.

Back