• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

HayforPets change in courier

Babsie

Wise Old Thumper
Looks as though HayforPets have changed their courier - I've just had an email from DespatchBay.com to say my parcel is on its way. Must be all the complaints about Yodel etc.

Looks as though HayforPets have changed their courier - I've just had an email from DespatchBay.com to say my parcel is on its way. Must be all the complaints about Yodel etc.

Unfortunately DespatchBay.com is Yodel.

I ordered mine 4 days ago and had an email, no doubt it is yodel otherwise it would have been here by now :(

No they haven't changed their courier, they seem to choose it based on cheapest at the time, my last few have been DHL including the ones I got on Saturday.

I've sometimes had an email from Graham to say it has been sent, but this is the first time I've had a message from the courier. Waits hopefully for delivery.

Sadly, i wont be using hay for pets again as i simply dont trust yodel

Unfortunately DespatchBay.com is Yodel.

That's not right they aren't Yodel, they are an online booking service for all the major parcel companies such as Parcel force and DHL.

Hay for pets just uses whichever comes up as the cheapest which yes could include yodel

When did you finally get it? Bet you were desperate.

I got it on Saturday, yeah I really was. Graham said Yodel were particularly bad recently and I spoke to a lady on the phone (his wife?) and she said that they (Hay4pets) were all ready to roll straight after Christmas but Yodel told them they wouldn't be picking up any orders until they'd got rid of their Christmas back log! Such a shame, Yodel are letting them down :( Hopefully it'll be better soon though.

Last edited:
That's not right they aren't Yodel, they are an online booking service for all the major parcel companies such as Parcel force and DHL.

Hay for pets just uses whichever comes up as the cheapest which yes could include yodel

Oh I see, sorry. I just assumed they were the same as on my hay it had Yodel and Despatch Bay on the sticker.

Oh I see, sorry. I just assumed they were the same as on my hay it had Yodel and Despatch Bay on the sticker.

No problem i was just checking online then to make sure it wasn't one and the same company. Didn't seem to be when checking over the company info

I ordered a trial set and then placed a proper order just before Christmas. I got lots of emails from Despatch Bay telling me when my parcel was due etc. It came really quickly even just before Christmas, literally a couple of days before. I was extremely pleased with the service. The best courier service in terms of contact I've ever experienced and I order a lot of items online. I'd be a very happy bunny if all orders and deliveries went as well.

They left the hay on my door step and noted the delivery received by noting 'safegrass'. I don't even have grass in my front garden, would have been better if they said 'behindcar' :p

I phoned and they told me it was somewhere in my front garden, I opened the door to look for it and it was on the door mat :lol:

I have never had a delivery problem with Hay for Pets deliveries probably just depends on the individual courier.

I ordered my hay on 1st Jan, and arrived on 5 Jan, delivered by Despatch Bay as well. The emails went to my junk and I thought it was just spam until I opened the first email and saw "Contents: HAY"! :lol:

I ordered my last lot on the 2nd (quite late in the evening though so lets say the 3rd). I got an email from the despatch bay on the 5th, and haven't heard a peep since, the tracking link thingy says 'departed from depot' at 5pm on the 5th. I don't even know what that means, it can't possibly mean my local depot as it was 2 days ago, also it is the only update beyond 'order placed' :roll:

I hope it arrives soon :?

I ordered my last lot on the 2nd (quite late in the evening though so lets say the 3rd). I got an email from the despatch bay on the 5th, and haven't heard a peep since, the tracking link thingy says 'departed from depot' at 5pm on the 5th. I don't even know what that means, it can't possibly mean my local depot as it was 2 days ago, also it is the only update beyond 'order placed' :roll:

I hope it arrives soon :?

:( I didn't get an email until I received a despatch email from them at 10.10 am on the 5th to say it was out for delivery, and then another email at 18.30 the same day to say it had been delivered and signed for (I wasn't home).

Back