• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Trio - Advice

Fee

Wise Old Thumper
Willow goes tomorrow for bonding with 2 boys. hopefully things will work out,,,

Q1)- If i need to go vet to get 1 vaccinated or for illness, do they all need to go?

Q2) - willow has a sensitive tummy - how do I get her away from the other two to make sure she doesnt eat their pellets.

Q3) - When i bring them back from bonding, what size of crate will I need, can I keep them in onefor a medium sized dog, pets at home? or could I put them all in a big cardboard box just for the half hour journey?

Q4)- If 1 bunny has to have an extended stay in vets for say a couple of days, does the bonding process fail or can the bunnies just continue from where they left off?

Sorry - loads of info but need to know
cheers
Fee x

Q1)- If i need to go vet to get 1 vaccinated or for illness, do they all need to go?

I have a quad...I only ever take them in twos in separate carriers, but then I'm only 5 mins away from my vet. When Pebbles goes in for a dental, he goes on his own and last time he slept with me in bed overnight and they were all fine.

Q2) - willow has a sensitive tummy - how do I get her away from the other two to make sure she doesnt eat their pellets.

Pebbles has to be fed separately...I call him into another room where I have his food ready in a bowl...then I quickly feed the other 3 in their room. They are usually finished with their pellets before Pebbles eats his, then I return him back to the others.

Q3) - When i bring them back from bonding, what size of crate will I need, can I keep them in onefor a medium sized dog, pets at home? or could I put them all in a big cardboard box just for the half hour journey?

Not sure about that one, but for a half hour journey, i would think anything big enough..they will probably just snuggle up to each other...could they chew out of a cardboard box in half hour though?

Q4)- If 1 bunny has to have an extended stay in vets for say a couple of days, does the bonding process fail or can the bunnies just continue from where they left off?

not sure, but Pebs was gone from the group about 24 hours and they seemed to be the same as usual with him...but they had been bonded about 7 months at that time.

Last edited:
Thanks.....!! thats good and very helpful... Given that these boys have been together for months already I am just hedging my bets that if Willow did go to vets , they might not be so accepting when she came back

If you can take them together, then that is a better option until they are completely bonded.

Pebs is my special bun, and although he has been bonded in the quad for 14 months, there have always been issues between him and Bugsy (alpha male :lol:) Pebbles doesn't help by being totally scatty and running around..catch 22 ..Pebs runs, Bugsy chases, so Pebs thinks Bugsy will chase him, so runs at the slightest movement from Bugs...so Bugs chases :lol: So Pebbles likes a bit of time out occasionally! We very rarely find Peb's fur pulled now. phew!

its a stressful thing all this bunny bonding malarkey.. I just want to try to make things easier all round.....:D

Good luck Fee I hope that the boys get used to loving Willow soon. I know what it's like with all the questions :D

Well thats wee Willow away to be bonded.. The bous Frankie and Benny are BIG BOYS and absolutely identical.. Even The rescue havent a clue which is which... Hmmm, they are also a wee bit tubby, made more obvious because Willow is tiny....

They are so cute and have lovely colouring, they are dutch cross rabbits.. Pics to follow as soon as David can take pics of them during the bonding.

Would appreciate lots of happy bonding vibes!!!! I think David and Feona will certainly need them.. It"ll either go one of two ways.... and I hope the only way is a happy marriage!!,!

Will keep you posted
Feex

Aww sending loads a good bonding Vibes for Willow and her 2 new friends hope it all goes well Fee xx

Thanks wendle!!!,! She was really cute today, they were introduced to me initially in the carrier. Willow made a strange wee moaning sound , which was alien to me as I hadnt heard that before!!

She was quite happy though as David and Feona had Willow as a rescue when she was a baby.. She seemed strangely calm...

A good start....!!,:thumb:

Back