• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Think I have found a rabbit savvy vet!

bunkin

Warren Veteran
Someone with piggies recommended her as she only deals with small animals and alot of rabbits and piggies.

I spoke to her today on phone about recurring problem with my bun where he stops eating or drinking and flops out or hunches up for about 12-16 hrs and then he is back to normal. My usual local vets ( seen 5 of them at practise) all don't know and say come back tomorow if he is still not eating/drinking and won't give any pain relief because when he goes to vets he perks up.

This vet straight away said she is certain its gut related and bun is in pain and next time it happens if it does go straight to the practise and I will get pain relief and some to keep in stock etc. She knew alot more about rabbits. She also quizzed me on his diet and thinks its caused by green food so told to restrict him to fresh herbs only in green line.

When I told her that before I got him for first four and half years of life he had only ever been fed on muesli mix food and nothing else she was amazed he had lived and said this could be cause of his tummy trouble now. She recommended everything that has been suggested on here , lots of hay, egg cup of pellets twice a day at most and lots of dried leaves.

That's great :thumb: You must feel immensely relieved to have found someone you feel you can trust.

Success.... well done, keep that vet close, she seems to know her stuff....!

It's such a great relief to find bunny savvy vets.:thumb:

I'm fortunate to have a brilliant surgery near me. Heaven forbid though if certain vets at the practice decide to move on!!!! I will not be as happy bunny!!!! And will have to answer to me.:lol:

Back