• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Aarrrrggghhh! I'm allergic to rabbits and hay!!,

Fee

Wise Old Thumper
I've been to doctors and have discovered that I am not only allergic to hay but to rabbits too!,!,!,,

I cant believe it. I have a rash constantly and need to take anti- histamines.

Grrrr.... whats the chances of me developing an allergy after this time?

Fee xx

Yes.... with a pair of gloves, a big thick jacket and a lots of sniffing and sneezing....

Dont you worry...., I will be a martyr...:lol:....the little ones wont ever know that Mummy is allergic to their furry bodies..

They will still get love and hugs......

Fee xxxx

Yes.... with a pair of gloves, a big thick jacket and a lots of sniffing and sneezing....

Dont you worry...., I will be a martyr...:lol:....the little ones wont ever know that Mummy is allergic to their furry bodies..

They will still get love and hugs......

Fee xxxx

:thumb::love::thumb::love:

I've been snuffly for a while now and put it down to the change in weather but my body has a rash, arms too, hands too and I cant stop sneezing.......it got really bad across my chest and I was getting worried but it has been confirmed ... I am gutted.........!!!,!

I suspect that after 42 years I may be allergic to my buns & piggies as well as their hay. My Buns & piggies are in my house and I don't care how allergic to them I am, they will stay indoor bunnies :love: I Also take antihistamines every day anyway as I'm allergic to everything! Some work better than others. Ceterazine doesn't work for me or my kids, but loratadine and phenergan does. I'm on Telfast (fexafenadine) at the moment.

I also use long sleeved gardening gloves for handling hay..and I have invested in Vogmasks which worked wonders whilst at my mum's as I'm severely allergic to her cat. I also have a filtrete air purifier which may help if you are allergic to the dander.

aww are they house buns, f they are id hoover everyday, i do this, and i use a rubber brush on rug to pick mabels hair up that sticks to it, and groom them reguarly

Yes... i am allergic to cats too?....:shock:... thats not bothering me much....as i dont have any

I also have polyps in my nose and allergic rhinitis...At this rate, I need a nose transplant....

If i do get one.. please make it a cute button one......

Tell the doctor to raffle his doughnuts.... !!!

We will rebel and say NO... THE BUNNIES and PIGGIES MUST STAY,!!!!:lol:

its just a wee price we have to pay... eh.?

When I was 12 I was really allergic to Horses and hay.
I dosed myself up on antihistamins, so I could go riding and had my asthma inhalors on me at all times :)
I did have a couple of attacks but I was determined to continue on.
When I was 15 my mum and dad deided to get a dog, but they weren't getting a dog I was allergic too as when I was a baby I was severely allergic to dogs etc.
I sneakily took antihistimanes so we could get Rupert.
Now i'm 21 and I think my exsposure therapy has finally worked :)
I still need to wash my hands after handling hay and the buns and can't get dog drool on me or I come out in hives.
But I am a heck of a lot better than I was :)
You're docs shoulld be able to give you the tabs so you don't have to keep buying them, it'll save dosh xxxxx

yep...I grew up with asthma, lung infections, pneumonia but suddenly this year I have had chronic allergic rhinitis and what I (and 3 GPs ) believe to be chronic antibiotic resistant sinus infection probably caused by virus and made worse by allergies. I'm going to a third ENT on Wednesday because 1st one gave me steroids and said I would need surgery to sort out sinus, 2nd one insists I never had infection although 2 CT scans said otherwise and he just said my symptoms were from allergies, says surgery won't fix my head, but want's me to go to neurologist about my constant head pain.:?

So I've tried moving my buns to a room with a door instead of free ranging, with no change in my condition. But since I stopped dairy & gluten and take pseudoephedrine 4 times a day, my nose is easing up...and when my nose is clear, my headache eases up too!

p.s. don't use oxymetazoline or xylometazoline sprays..they cause rebound congestion if used for more than 3-5 days. also pseudoephedrine is much better than phenylephedrine. Flixonase steroid nose drops are better than Avamys or Nasonex...

I also use Nielmed sinus rinse twice a day at the moment ( at my worst last month i was doing it every couple of hours as I had so much congestion)

Last edited:
Thanks Nats!!!,!!!! Hope you're doing better

Fee xxxx

I am thanks, knee is still sore to walk on, docs on wednesday and I'll more than likely be signed off work for another week.
But i'm surviving, looks as though i'll have a wee scar on my nose and face, but I wasn't that beautiful anyway ;)
xxxx

yep...I grew up with asthma, lung infections, pneumonia but suddenly this year I have had chronic allergic rhinitis and what I (and 3 GPs ) believe to be chronic antibiotic resistant sinus infection probably caused by virus and made worse by allergies. I'm going to a third ENT on Wednesday because 1st one gave me steroids and said I would need surgery to sort out sinus, 2nd one insists I never had infection although 2 CT scans said otherwise and he just said my symptoms were from allergies, says surgery won't fix my head, but want's me to go to neurologist about my constant head pain.:?

So I've tried moving my buns to a room with a door instead of free ranging, with no change in my condition. But since I stopped dairy & gluten and take pseudoephedrine 4 times a day, my nose is easing up...and when my nose is clear, my headache eases up too!

p.s. don't use oxymetazoline or xylometazoline sprays..they cause rebound congestion if used for more than 3-5 days. also pseudoephedrine is much better than phenylephedrine. Flixonase steroid nose drops are better than Avamys or Nasonex...

I also use Nielmed sinus rinse twice a day at the moment ( at my worst last month i was doing it every couple of hours as I had so much congestion)

*hugs*
I hope you feel better soon xxxx

p.s. don't use oxymetazoline or xylometazoline sprays..they cause rebound congestion if used for more than 3-5 days. also pseudoephedrine is much better than phenylephedrine.

They did give me an inhaler but the side effects freaked me out with the number one being GLAUCOMA.

i'm sorry I would rather suffer with a runny nose and aches than going blind... I said to doc I wouldnt take it.. stubborn .. yes I am

Group hugs all round I think!!!!,!

What are we all like, a bunch of walking wounded and falling apart....:lol:

Back