• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ryedale hutch question for anyone with one on legs.

MooLou

Warren Scout
how do folks,

we are thinking of getting one of these as they look great but we have had a few problems with a fox recently and i'm concerned that if we get one on legs that Mr Fox might be able to push it over....

anyone got one on legs and can confirm how heavy/sturdy they are?

ta in advance.

Mark

Mine's not on big legs just the little couple of inch ones they come with as standard. It's a 6 ft double and there is absolutely no way a fox could knock it over. You need a couple of strong people just to lift it (and then is mostly dragging the thing!) - they are solid and weigh a ton (I couldn't push it over)!

Mine's not on big legs just the little couple of inch ones they come with as standard. It's a 6 ft double and there is absolutely no way a fox could knock it over. You need a couple of strong people just to lift it (and then is mostly dragging the thing!) - they are solid and weigh a ton (I couldn't push it over)!

I agree! I have one with the normal legs and unless theres a pack of foxes on steroids, there is no way it will get knocked over.

i agree a normal one on legs would never go over but we are thinking we would like the ones with the legs like this...

i'm sure im being totally over cautious but thought i'd check any experiences, it will be a little while before we save some cash anyway (ruddy christmas) :D

rabbit-hutch-number-six.jpg

Back