• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

For the Guinea Pig Lovers

bunny-boo

Warren Scout
Norm an Seth taking a swim... bath time!! My 2 guineas

DSC_0301.jpg

DSC_0305.jpg

DSC_0306.jpg

DSC_0307.jpg

DSC_0314.jpg

DSC_0315.jpg

DSC_0309.jpg

I can also report all mens bits are clean also ;)

Ohhh they are so gorgeous!:love::love::love: I have 2 boars about 8 months old. I didn't realise they needed bathing except for pre-bonding. How often do you give them a bath? Any particular type of shampoo?

I do approx 3-4 wks for the willy wash, I just use mild guinea pig shampoo, tend not to bathe their head or ears :)

They look so relaxed.

I must give Badger and Otter their first bath but they are so nervous (rescue piggies) I'm nervous I'll undo all the improvement they've made handling wise and keep putting it off.

Gorgeous Guineas is my fave place for piggie shampoos and lotions/potions.

I'm nervous I'll undo all the improvement they've made handling wise and keep putting it off.

That's what worries me! I've only just got mine to eat in front of me whilst I sit next to the run...the slightest move or noise and they run straight back to their hay bed or cardboard box hidey house!

make sure the water is warm but not hot sort of baby warm, I just let them explore, then make sure all soaps rinsed off, towel dry and low volume hair dryer, not on hot setting. They dont seem to mind bathing x

make sure you expose mens bits and give them a good soak, then make sure all soap is gone from those bits too ;)

Awww wet piggies :love:

I have to bath my boys about once a month to clean their grease gland, Swarfega is the best for it :thumb:

Awww gorgeous! :love:

All my piggies are nervous...im working on it but in the meantime Im changing bedding constantly and keeping them dry and clean! I will need to do it soon though! :?

Back