• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bathing

No bunnys don't need Bathing , some ppl have to give their bunnys bum baths if their bums are dirty, but its not wise to bath bunnys as they can't regulate their body temperatures themselves and they clean themselves daily anyway :wave:

No, bunnies should never be bathed except for health reasons, some buns do need bum baths but I would never fully bath a bun except under direct instruction from a vet.

Rabbit fur is designed to keep water out, even a bun that's been sat in the rain for hours will most likely still have bone dry skin, if you soak a bun to the skin they will still be damp for hours and hours no matter how hard you try to dry them they will be cold :(

No, bunnies should never be bathed except for health reasons, some buns do need bum baths but I would never fully bath a bun except under direct instruction from a vet.

Rabbit fur is designed to keep water out, even a bun that's been sat in the rain for hours will most likely still have bone dry skin, if you soak a bun to the skin they will still be damp for hours and hours no matter how hard you try to dry them they will be cold :(

:thumb::thumb:

If a buns fur gets really wet and not dried thoroughly, the fur can rot away. I've seen this on one bun and it didn't look very nice...and I think it can cause soreness and possibly infection. I only do bum washes if necessary and makes sure bun is completely dry afterwards.

p.s. if a bun does need a bum wash, then there is an underlying diet or health issue that needs addressing.

Back