• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not going up shelf !

I<3Rabbits

Mama Doe
My dad secured a shelf in the shed on the fourth of jan and they haven't be up there yet :( I put hay up there and a bit of carrot but they won't go up there. I've seen jack go up there like twice, the first time when it wasn't actually secured right , he was just being noisy and the second was when I put a bit of grass up there. I was holding Acorn the other day and just sat on the shelf, she started trying to climb on my shoulder so just put her down and she was walking really funny, she was really wary she got down the ladder and that was that. What should I do? It's just wood, I've got some carpet should I put some of that down ?

Last edited:
I've turned the top of the cage into a shelf and only one of mine go up there.. Well I've seen Millie go up once! Humbug goes up quite a lot but it did look like he had trouble getting down when it was just wood (sorta sliding back as he jumped) I've put a blanket over it now though and he goes up more than ever!

So maybe the carpet would make them feel safer about getting up and down?

Mine always really liked their shelves, but they might like a box or something up there to make them feel more secure.

Does it have an open edge. When I made mine a shelf they wouldn't go up there so I used one of those twig tunnel/ramp things and screwed it to the edge. They go up there all the time now:thumb:

Back