• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

rabbit confusion

hannahr

New Kit
I am so confused on what type of rabbit I should get ....I don't want an indoor one that will chew everything and is as hard work as a dog but I don't want one in a cage in the garden...I'd like the best of both....one hat can have a cage in the garden but Oscar sociable and can come in doors for family time...what sort am I looking at ???

Sorry but I did find that funny! :lol:

Seriously though, all rabbits will chew to some degree, it's natural. Some chew more than others. I wouldn't necessarily say they are as hard work as dogs but when free-ranging supervision and bunny-proofing are essential. For outdoors you would need 2 bunnies so they have constant company and can snuggle for warmth. It's also not really recommended to move them inside and out all the time, it can cause respiratory problems.

I am so confused on what type of rabbit I should get ....I don't want an indoor one that will chew everything and is as hard work as a dog but I don't want one in a cage in the garden...I'd like the best of both....one hat can have a cage in the garden but Oscar sociable and can come in doors for family time...what sort am I looking at ???

Well you can't chop and change it will cause them respiratory problems. Have you thought about a shed or wendy house with attached run that you can interact with them in?

Mine don't chew a lot, the occasional nibble at the bed or door but that is all. They have lots of room to run in and plenty of fresh hay to keep them occupied.

a rabbit is much of a muchness. They all chew, they all poo and wee where they shouldn't! A rabbit with no front teeth would make a good indoor bunny but would need a friend (who would likely have teeth) and may have on going issues.

Rabbit proof a room and then just choose a lovely pair of bunnies to live in it :love:

Back