• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hay racks - advice needed

Georgeypudding

Wise Old Thumper
I'm treating my pair for EC and obviously I don't want them to be eating dirty hay or they'll be reinfecting themselves. They have a hay rack, its one of those IKEA bag holders you can see it in the photo. I'm going in and removing hay from their litter tray regularly but its a massive waste. Does anyone have any recomendations or advice?

1tviib.jpg

Try lining it with something with smaller holes, got a bit of spare mesh around? Otherway to do it would be to put it on the outside of the cage/crate, so they had to pull it through the bars, which look quite narrow, so should stop them pulling big chunks through by accident.

you star! I have plenty of mesh :thumb: will try that :D I think it'd be very difficult to attach that rack to the outside (front is rounded and the back is flat but solid) but if the mesh doesn't work I'll give it a go :)

Back