• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What breed would you have...

Deelove

Wise Old Thumper
... If you could choose any breed of rabbit to have, what would you have?
Lets just live in a fantasy hypothetical land where any breed is readily available and no buns are without homes in rescues.

I've always loved cashmere lops and american fuzzy lops. Not sure if they are the same breed actually. I love long fuzzy fur!
I can't post pics stolen from google cos I'm n my ipad.

Oh and the tiny polish rabbit. I came so close to adopting one once. I'm sure my ex's bun Puck must have had some in her cos she was so tiny and delicately boned and fiesty, but it was probably just terrible petshop breeding.

... If you could choose any breed of rabbit to have, what would you have?
Lets just live in a fantasy hypothetical land where any breed is readily available and no buns are without homes in rescues.

I've always loved cashmere lops and american fuzzy lops. Not sure if they are the same breed actually. I love long fuzzy fur!
I can't post pics stolen from google cos I'm n my ipad.

Oh and the tiny polish rabbit. I came so close to adopting one once. I'm sure my ex's bun Puck must have had some in her cos she was so tiny and delicately boned and fiesty, but it was probably just terrible petshop breeding.

.......... oh dear !! :lol:

A Rex :D

French lop, Belgium hare, lionhead x lop, mini lop, dwarf lop, but I'm happy with any type really...I don't choose them, they choose me :lol:

English Spot or a Papillion. But I do have a massive soft spot for plain old agouti's :D.

:lol: mini or standard?

Either. My very first Rabbit was a Black Otter Standard Rex, so I would like one again

I'd like an Orange Rex too, so a Mini and then I have one of each.

No breeding of them though, not even in hypothetical land :D

I wonder if fawn is accepted as a mini rex colour now? Faline was supposed to be orange so i got her as advertised as a 'reject' for £5. Although the lady did have a nice set up for her breeding buns.

Ooh, thriantas are lovely looking too!

I'd like a Dutch rabbit as they seem to be quite healthy from what I've seen, I quite like the blue and amber ones.

I also like rabbits that look like wild rabbits like our Jack.

I'd really love any giant breed!

There's also a breed whose name I can't remember, they're a really beautiful ginger, some people on here have them but I've not seem that many on here, any ideas? I have a thing for ginger bunnies!

I remembered!!! Thriantas! I think they're just stunning :love: (as are all rabbits of course! I'd be happy with any size, colour, fur length, breed in reality)

Last edited:
I wonder if fawn is accepted as a mini rex colour now? Faline was supposed to be orange so i got her as advertised as a 'reject' for £5. Although the lady did have a nice set up for her breeding buns.

Ooh, thriantas are lovely looking too!

It is, in the 'Tan Fur Pattern' category

I don't have a particular breed in bunnies as since rescuing, so many have come through that I've fallen for in all breeds, sizes and colours

I always have rescues and the one who needs the home the most, but if I could choose, I'd love a couple of huge giants. I adore big animals and really would love the biggest buns possible. Rupert, my Californian is the biggest I've had thus far. I also would love a longhaired. I have (rescued) Persian cats and love longhair but only if I could have a live in groomer as I already spend much more time and energy on my cats hair than I ever do on my own!

Also.... an old English-with spots. Love them too. I tend to have different breeds each time so have been lucky enough to meet a fair few breeds already and I've never yet et one I haven't fallen completely in love with. If they're a bun, I love them.:love:

Last edited:
Whatever this beautiful girlie is...

Screenshot_2013-01-06-19-16-23-1.png

Wanted to adopt her but couldn't as they wanted her to be an only bun.

Back