• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Big HELP need urgent buns summerhouse DIY advice.

Barn Yard Bunnies

Staff member
The roof must be leaking. I don't know how. :( The vet bed was wet as well as the throw on the base, which is thankfully still dry.

The roof is triangle and meets in the middle and covered with that thick roof felt a bit like pebble dash. What should I do or buy to repair it ?

Thanks Jane, will have to go to Homebase. James has one more tip run. A total of 6.

Cannot understand how it is getting in. Was fine 2 days ago. Saw one small wet patch yesterday but assumed the buns knocked over their water bowl. I have a feeling the summerhouse was a bad bad buy and will have to save for a new one.

Does it have guttering ?

Does it have guttering ?

No it has a triange roof. Meets in the middle. I will put on a pic. A terrible shame, they love it, its big, has the stable doors and a little veranda. The floor has nearly had it but covered in a very thick board, so that is fine, now the roof. I know now to never buy a second hand shed, never goes back together properly. Paid £60 for collection and another £50 for it to be put together. :roll:

This is it.

DSC08578.jpg

Can't ya just get some more roof felting and go over the existing that's what we have just done mines similar to yours :)

If you need a temporary fix until the weather is good enough to allow you to fix it properly, this is the stuff I use to waterproof N&T's run: http://www.wilkinsonplus.com/garden...x2m/invt/0160446/?VBMST=clear garden sheeting.

I just pull it over (making sure not to put any little holes in it) and then staple it around the sides. So the middle has no staples in so it's nice and waterproof, but it's stapled securely round the bottom to stop it flying off or whatever. You may need a staple gun instead of a normal stapler, though :( Then when you want to remove it it's just a case of ripping it off. I usually leave the staples in. :lol:

I would look for damp patches on the wood on the inside and feel where it's damp too. It might be that it's coming up through the floor. :?

I would look for damp patches on the wood on the inside and feel where it's damp too. It might be that it's coming up through the floor. :?

Definately not the floor because the throw on the base was wet.

Have new felt from Homebase but its too dark to do it now. Lifted up the old felt and its all moudly and damp on one side. It must have been leaking through the felt at the very top. Covered back up until the morning and we will put the new one on. Wish we bought a new shed now.

So many black spiders came running out. :shock:

Back