• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

persistent humper.. what shall i do?

nori

Young Bun
hello!

eddie and mable came home yesterday from the rescue who had them together for a week. they settled nicely but since about 5pm eddie has constantly tried humping mable. she is amazingly calm and just hops off with no aggresion. should i just leave them to it? i just worry she will turn.

their room is a nuetral bedroom.

As they have only arrived back from the bonder I would give them a day or so to settle down. If the boy is very persistent, and giving them something to eat doesn't distract him, you could separate them for a couple of hours but I have never had to do this. Let us know how things are going tomorrow.

ok.. the humping is slightly less but still a fair bit. she still doesnt seem bothered and happily eats with him and sits with him so i think keeping them together is definately best. the poo situation is abit of a nightmare, both previously litter trained. its usually eddie when he gets excited. how many litter trays for two rabbits would you recommend. i have a big storage box and a cat litter tray.

Glad he is calming down a bit! If they were litter trained then they should get back into that habit, either 1 or 2 trays is fine but it might take time for them to settle into a routine. Good luck.

Back