• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Fur pulling question - Jane Doe

ShazzaBunny

Warren Veteran
As most are aware, Jane Doe has a baby (Wriggle) who is 19days. As she rejected Wriggle, we have been handrearing, but trancing JD to allow Wriggle to feed.

I let JD out for a roam about the house when i got up (usual routine) nipped to get dressed, came down, and there was a pile of fur on the ground :?, i originally thought one of the cats got to her, Morgan lifted Jane and there was a clump of fur in her mouth, i pulled the fur, and i can only describe it as what looked like a magic trick :shock:, as the more i pulled the bigger the string of fur came out, must have been a foot long, and filled my hand.

It must have all been in her mouth, and i can only assume this was hormonal behavior? Her body must be confused, having a baby part time.

Any ideas?

does sound like hormones, but why'd she eat it?
Jane will more than likely have the answer.

she won't have been eating it, she'll be holding it in her mouth to move it around :) they do it with hay/straw too. I have no answers I'm afraid, is she definatly not pregnant again?

It is hormonal, she has probably been induced to ovulate causing a phantom pregnancy. The amount of fur that a Doe can get in her mouth is :shock: :shock:

Hope her hormones settle down soon xx

she won't have been eating it, she'll be holding it in her mouth to move it around :) they do it with hay/straw too. I have no answers I'm afraid, is she definatly not pregnant again?

I thought she might have been eating it as there sounds to be so much!!!
That's scary man.
I do admit I always had an image of buns having looking unbroken strands of hay in their guts.
Feel a bit silly now... :lol:

Back