• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Boris's sore hocks - help & pics

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
I posted a while back about Boris's hocks being sore and I did get some cream for him, can't remember what it was called but was also told not to put too much cream on them too often. I think they did look to improve and didn't look bad and he can walk normally etc so I stopped putting the cream on. But I just took this pic of him being a sweetie lied on my bed and noticed they looked pretty bad :(

temporary-159.jpg

Close up (they are pretty much the same on both sides)

temporary-160.jpg

I can't find the cream but I could ask my vet for some more, for those with sore hock bunnies do Boris's look particularly bad? As I've had no experience with mild/bad sore hocks etc and what names of cream have you been given/works? And can I/should I put sudocrem or anything on him for now?? He doesn't show signs of pain.

Ellie has little pink hard spots on her feet with no fur that look like this, they don't seem to cause her any problems, she races about like a little monkey and hops to her heart's content. I was advised to just leave her whilst she's happy enough and they aren't doing her any harm.

My mini rex, Molly has sore hocks. She's had them since she was 6 months old, and she's now 5 years old.
She's had abscesses (usually during summer months), but last year, I administered Metacam (with advice from vet) and this prevented any abscesses. Sore hocks can get bad, but it can be controlled.

Boris doesn't look too bad, but I would keep a very close eye to prevent it from progressing any further.

Back