• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

A good Smoo update!

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
The vets have shown me some good ways to clean out her abscess which I'm hoping will help me (and help me stay sane!).
Her eating still isn't back to normal and she's lost a little weight so she's got some gut motility meds too. But I had a bit of trouble giving them to her. She wouldn't stop doing this...

:mrgreen:

The vets cleaned her abscess today and she hadn't had any painkillers since last night. They were rougher than I am and squeezed it to get the pus out too and she went straight back to eating! I think she's going to be okay. :D

a9a1f3efdd3c5d32140a8b903277843a.jpg

Smoo keep eating for ur mummy bless ya :love::love:

Yay that's some enthusiastic nomming going on there! :thumb:

Really glad the vets have been able to help you with managing the absess too.... :wave:

:love: Wonderful. Looks like the leaf is covered in honey, but its probably just water. Thought this must have been the trick. ;)

Yay!

When Mischa went for his first checkup after his first abscess op Mark was squeezing and trying to get pus out. I was thinking oh that looks painful but Mischa just sat there! Normally whenever we'd go to the vets i'd put him on the table and two seconds later he'd jump into my arms again so he knew how to get away if necessary!

I'm so glad she's doing well. Abscesses are evil things :evil:

Back