• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anybody else's outdoor buns started to moult?

*Funny*Bunny*

Warren Veteran
Harvey has some attractive moult lines going on. I assume this is his big Spring moult starting early due to the mild weather? Just felt both their ears and they are boiling in their thick winter costs and this 10 degree heat! I'm a bit worried though as it is only January, so plenty of time for another icy cold snap :(

It is a worry :( daisy and Digby aren't moulting yet, but I'm sure it's on the cards... They're both boiling too :(

Mine are indoor but they are also moulting a lot, only happened in the last few days. I was wondering if it's normal to moult this time of year :? xx

I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday when I noticed bunny fluff around. I also put it down to the mild weather and have he same concerns if it goes cold again. This blinking weather is causing havock with mother nature alright.

I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday when I noticed bunny fluff around. I also put it down to the mild weather and have he same concerns if it goes cold again. This blinking weather is causing havock with mother nature alright.

This reminded me that I've found loads of fluff around their enclosure in the last week, I just thought they'd been a bit keen on grooming and was keeping an eye out for hostile behaviour just in case they'd had a tiff :oops: I really didn't link it with the massive moult lines! Oops! :lol:

I've noticed it too! Noisette is moulting a lot, it's a worry as she's quite elderly now! Hopefully it stays mild and there's no frost!

yep, Willow started to moult... oh No, the freezing temps are just round the corner too..!!,! I am ever so worried

Spring??. The weather forecast say an Arctic snap is on the way.... What should you do if they do moult? A can't bring her inside.!,,,,,,

I noticed my two are moulting a bit too. Although they still have plenty left!! It is this stupid weather, one minute its warm, the next freezing!!

A question though, if the bunnies lose their winter coats and get summer coats and it does get cold again...will they automatically start gaining a winter coat again ?...

Last edited:
buttons was outside til october so she moulted a little when i brought her in, but she's started another heavy moult now!

Back