• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

emotionally and physically broken

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
However hard things got here we always had big, dependable Dave to cuddle and make things better. Now he's gone

However sad things got we always had Herman, our comedy bunny, who would do something cheeky, wiggle his tail and make us laugh. Now he's gone.

Caring for Trevor was more like caring for a baby than a rabbit, it was hands on 24/7 . Now there is nothing.

All of them gone in the space of 8 days

I have the greatest respect for what you do and wish that you hadn't had so much pain to bear in such a short time. The only tiny consolation is that they are all still together and not suffering the pain of loneliness.

(((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))

hugs and thoughts to you, iits soo hard losing the ones we form close bonds with, as with all really, they wiill be looking down on you thinking thankyou for helping us in a way no one else could x

It's heartbreaking to lose a bun, but to lose 3 wonderful buns in such a short space of time must be intolerable :cry: All you can do is try to carry on for all the other special buns that you have and will have in the future, knowing that they are looking down on you with love & gratitude for all the love and care you gave them.

Maybe you could make a special plaque as a memorial to your 3 special buns at put it in a special place.

Life can be so very cruel sometimes. :( Losing one bunny is very hard, I can't begin to imagine how one copes with losing so many much-loved and very special bunnies in such a short space of time. :( Hugs to you. xxxxx

I must be so hard. You have helped these special bunnies to have a wonderful life, in this case they had a wonderful life together. You are a true bunny angel, someone who picks them up and shows them love when they most need it.

I don't know how you're coping at all, tbh. I know you have to carry on positively because there are lots of other furry little lives depending on you but the level of grief from losing three very characterful house bunnies in quick succession can't be anything but awful. You know it will get easier with time but right now I have no idea what to say to help. I just really sympathise.

Oh god, I had no idea Trevor had gone too, I'm so deeply saddened :cry::cry::cry:

I'm so sorry you've had such an incredibly difficult time, I can't even imagine the pain of losing 3 beloved buns in such a short space of time :cry:

My hearts breaking for you, but I know you will pick yourself up brush yourself off and carry on doing what you do best, looking after your buns.

(((HUGS)))

I've been thinking about you a lot too. It was a blow to the heart to hear about Dave and Herman but then loosing Trevor so soon afterwards was just completely heart wrenching :cry::cry::cry:

I used to care for one disabled bunny, freeda. Although I am not in any way trained and in some ways did not know what I was doing I cared for little freeda round the clock for around 8 months. When she left for the bridge my life seemed so empty, I didn't know what to do with myself, I had poured so much of my life and heart into taking care of her that it felt as though part of me was missing. This was around 8 or 9 years ago and I still think of that little bun.

I can imagine in some way how you feel (((hugs))) xxx

:cry: what you do is amazing, but at the same time so goddamned hard :( try to stay strong for all your other buns, they all need you xxx

so sorry to hear such sad news.
the hardest part of running a sanctuary is the knowledge that every one of our residents will die in our care, although you can always be thankful that you know they were given the best care to the end.
we lost several of our older residents over the Christmas period - all of them much loved and very special, a few of them were very well known by our supporters fir being such big characters.
it's always hard, and people like you, and Lou at hopper haven, do an amazing job giving dedicated care right to the end.
big hugs xxx

Liz you are a wonderful person, and those bunnies are not gone, maybe their physical form is but I beleive they will stay to look after you as you looked after them.
((((((()HUGS))))))))
xxxxxxxx

I think you're an amazing person for doing what you do...you gave those bunnies so much love and time and emotion! You must be such a strong person to be able to do all that. I hope that strength helps you through this. Wish I could take the pain away - but that's the ying and yang of keeping animals - you have so much joy but with that comes the pain when they go. My heart really goes out to you...wishing you all the very best ...

Back