• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Anyone with experience of introducing boisterous Labradors to a bun?

Emma H

Warren Scout
Helloooo

I have a new bun, Bailey. He has full run of our conservatory and the kitchen when we are at home, but does have his own cage in the conservatory. I rescued him and they aren't sure how old he is (between 6-12 months probably), or what breed - he is a lop, but potentially a giant one. He is however VERY friendly and loves human contact and will sit with you whenever you are in the room.

My Mum has two 2 1/2 year old male chocolate labradors, and before Bailey I used to have them at weekends. Eventually I'd hope to be able to do this again, but am worried about how they will be with Bailey and vice versa. The dogs need to be able to be in the conservatory and kitchen too (as well as Bailey living in those two rooms).

Any advice on the best way to introduce the three of them?

Thanks

Emma

Helloooo

I have a new bun, Bailey. He has full run of our conservatory and the kitchen when we are at home, but does have his own cage in the conservatory. I rescued him and they aren't sure how old he is (between 6-12 months probably), or what breed - he is a lop, but potentially a giant one. He is however VERY friendly and loves human contact and will sit with you whenever you are in the room.

My Mum has two 2 1/2 year old male chocolate labradors, and before Bailey I used to have them at weekends. Eventually I'd hope to be able to do this again, but am worried about how they will be with Bailey and vice versa. The dogs need to be able to be in the conservatory and kitchen too (as well as Bailey living in those two rooms).

Any advice on the best way to introduce the three of them?

Thank

Emma

We have a 7yr old black lab an he was a pup when we introduced our buns to him, now they lay together and groom each other lol
I used to sit with the bun on my lap and just let dog come over and sniff bun in his own time, if he was gentle he would get praise an a treat, if he was to bouncy then it would be a stern no an gently push him away, it took a long time for me to trust him an the buns together. Freeranging, he's a big dog an it worried me that he would squish them but he's so gentle and careful around them

Back