• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Julie just scared the heck out of me

bunnytoes

Warren Veteran
I was in the laundry room transferring a load of laundry from the washer to the drier when she comes flying in all jumpy making this noise that I never heard her make before. It was loud and actually reminded me of a loud vocal guinea pig. Julie does make a grunting humming noise when she is really excited to see me in the morning and excited to be feed but this was different.
I jumped down to make sure she isn't choking. The way she binkies is mostly a weird twisty jerky hop up and twist facing the other way and is simular to what she does when choking except when she is choking there is a gruggling noise and lots of mucus.
Apparently she was binking but I have no idea what the loud squeaky noise was. She then flies into the kitchen and starts doing mad short twisty binkies in front of the refrigerator. I gave her a small piece of cucumber. She ate it then went off to eat hay.

Goodness. She keeps you on your toes, for sure. To think that she is technically an 'old lady' of the bunny world...

I hope she is OK and her vocalising is nothing to be worried about.

Julie just made that weird guinea pig like noise again. I just came home from the store and was washing some Italian parsley that I bought. She was doing her twisty binking around my feet. I looked down at her with her a piece in my hand and she started running in circles squeaking very excited for the greens. I guess she just somehow learned to make this vocal noise for attention?
I does get her attention for sure and yes food.

Back