• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thinking about a partner for Dolly....

k1984

Mama Doe
...but she is stroppy! She did have a partner approx 8 months ago...a little netherland, and they loved each other at first, but then had a fight (he was so scared of her, he constantly hid!) so they were separated and he has since been living at my mums. She has since paired him up with a friend, and doesn't want to give him him back as he's happy now (he and his new friend are so pampered!).
It's been a while now, and Dolly has been on her own since. I have been thinking for a while about trying her with a big bunny partner, but I am nervous after the last bonding episode! Trying to weigh up the pros/cons.

Cons first...
1. She fought with her previous partner (but he was a considerably smaller bunny, and she was a 'teenager' then...but was spayed! Hmmmm).
2. Two bunnies = twice the cost and mess
3. Hmmm.....???
4. ????
5. Nah..no more cons...

Pros
1. Dolly is on her own while I'm at work all day/ 5days a week.
2. Plenty of space for two bunnies...Dolly lives in a playhouse with safe enclosed large patio...surrounded with wall/7ft fence.
3. Dental buns don't bother me...Dolly is at the vets every 6 weeks having her teeth done!
4. Two buns would keep each other warmer on these cold nights. I give Dolly two heat pads on a frosty night with lots and lots of hay, but still wish she had someone to cuddle up to.
5. Defo would want a rescue big boy bun! Breed/colour/temperament not important. As long as Dolly loves him and he loves her! (which could be difficult as she's a stroppy madam at times..but lovable with it!).
6. Plenty of toys (brain-gym and i call it), fresh veg and farm hay (smells divine!).

It's just the worry of whether Dolly will take to a partner?! I'm traumatised from last years fight :(:?

What would you do?

Best bet is go to a rescue and try her with a few males before deciding, Although make it clear your only trying her with males and letting her choose her own partner xxx:love:

Do rescues do this? How would the process work?

you contact them and tell them youd be interested in bunny dating, and then they try your bunny with the males they think would be best for your bunny, alot of rescues do this its worth asking round.:love:

Try BARC - they are in Barnsley, just off of J36 of the M1 - PM Bunnymadhouse on here. They bond for you too. And if it's a difficult bond sometimes Bunnymadhouse cons me into doing it:thumb::lol:

Back