• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

delinquent bunny

curlyanwurly

Warren Scout
Shes chewing everything insight, can't decide if she's teething, hungry or being a teenager lol, she has plenty of fresh hay replenished throught the day but I've recently cut her pellets down from a bowl to an egg cup, she also gets daily greens., she lives indoors and is chewing any cardboard or wood she can find! Why?

Shes chewing everything insight, can't decide if she's teething, hungry or being a teenager lol, she has plenty of fresh hay replenished throught the day but I've recently cut her pellets down from a bowl to an egg cup, she also gets daily greens., she lives indoors and is chewing any cardboard or wood she can find! Why?

Some rabbits just like to chew. Has she been spayed? She could be hormonal??!

Stephen's a chewer, cardboard, paper, wires... :roll:

I've found recently that a hay tunnel has helped curb his chewing of naughty things as he focuses on destroying his tunnel!

Rabbits are made to chew. I have found with my buns, if they decide to start chewing something the only way to stop them is to completely cover/block it off or remove it from their room. You could offer more toys and chewy things to distract her but the only thing to really stop her is to bunny proof the room she lives in.
My rabbits have stripped my walls of paint, chewed my bed to bits, chewed my furniture, my curtains and destroyed a fair few rugs and carpets. :lol: I don't mind, as they find new things to chew I simply bunny proof it or remove it, it's all part of owning house bunnies. :)

She hasn't been spayed as yet but will be, I have brought in some willow and she's munching on that thankfully she hasnt chewed Wired as yet !

She hasn't been spayed as yet but will be, I have brought in some willow and she's munching on that thankfully she hasnt chewed Wired as yet !

Good she likes the willow. :thumb: My bun isn't too bad for chewing, but once he takes a fancy to something, it's had it! :roll: Chewing is natural rabbit behaviour - they need to chew lots to wear their ever-growing teeth down.

Back