• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Opinions on this grooming tool/brush. Zoom Groom?

it looks pants! I use slickers (which are quite gentle) and a furminator type brush which I've never had an issue with but others have done

it looks pants! I use slickers (which are quite gentle) and a furminator type brush which I've never had an issue with but others have done

:lol: on a bunny Facebook group they swear by it! I've seen it get a load of fluff out too but I trust you guys so I'll go with something else

Last edited:
I haven't used it on a bunny but it wasn't any use for my cat. :?

I've got a furminator but found it too harsh for the bunnies, so I stick to a slicker brush - I have the small animal one from pets at home and each individual wire has got a plastic tip so it isn't as rough as it might look.

I've got a zoom groom. It's rubbish for my nethie Bramble but it's great for for Flop who is a lionhead cross. I use a comb to go through his under fur once a month or so but the rest of the time the zoom groom is great at getting rid of loose fur. As long as you don't get too enthusiastic with it as I think it's quite easy to apply a lot of pressure, Flop loves it, think it's almost like a massage for him

Can't speak for its usefulness on bunnies but I do have one for my cat. Was recommended by a friend who is a vet nurse, she uses one on her 4 cats and I have to say I really like it. Always gets loads of fluff out from Sox's coat (short hair tabby cross) and she always looks much slicker afterwards

I use this on my cats and I really like it....so do they!

Have never used it on the bunnies though.

I get too worried because they can be quite rough :( Is there any particular reason you don't like it or just think it'll be useless

I have the soft slicker with bobs on the end, and it is really good, and gentle. Even my little nethie will sit and let me groom her with it. I haven't actually tried the zoom groom, and it may work well..I just didn't think it looked particularly nice....but then again it is a bright colour which would make it easier to find ( I have a habit of putting things down and not finding them again :lol:)

I have a dog brush that is like a slicker but also has bristles further down. It's ok for Smudge for a quick groom but once a month or so he needs something a bit more 'heavy duty'.

Thanks guys :)
By slicker brushes with the things on the ends do you mean these?
0314224_l.jpg

Because I have that exact one.

honestly, i have given up with all these animal brushes i use a plastic human comb on the lions manes and a soft baby brush on Poppet(rex)
the others just get brushed with a kids hair brush...

They all have lovely coats so must be doing something right..
Half these brushes are just the same as Human brushes just a different shape and bigger price tag on them ;)

Hello. I used to use a furminator, I don't anymore after this happened to one of my babies.

155558_281345575311040_1164230871_n.jpg

I'd advise you to avoid furminator combs/brushes where possible. I would never wish this on anyone's bunny, Gracie is a real sweetie and was so well behaved throughout this ordeal. The thread can be found here http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...TOR-users-U-D-19-10-2012&highlight=furminator

The OP brush looks ok to me, but I now just use wet hand method for grooming. xx

Hello. I used to use a furminator, I don't anymore after this happened to one of my babies.

I'd advise you to avoid furminator combs/brushes where possible. I would never wish this on anyone's bunny, Gracie is a real sweetie and was so well behaved throughout this ordeal. The thread can be found here http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/s...TOR-users-U-D-19-10-2012&highlight=furminator

The OP brush looks ok to me, but I now just use wet hand method for grooming. xx

Hello, thanks for sharing that. I saw the thread about it before :( Poor bunny and poor you :( I said that I'll never use a furminator after I saw that thread a while ago. I think I'll stick to using a wet hand as I do at the moment but maybe use a slicker brush gently when she needs it.

Thanks guys :)
By slicker brushes with the things on the ends do you mean these?
0314224_l.jpg

Because I have that exact one.

Yep, that's the one I've got. I only use it every so often tbh - most of the time it's easier to gently pluck the loose fur out.

How is Gracie now? She was looking so much better in the last post of the thread you linked. Hopefully she is completely better now.

Hello, thanks for sharing that. I saw the thread about it before :( Poor bunny and poor you :( I said that I'll never use a furminator after I saw that thread a while ago. I think I'll stick to using a wet hand as I do at the moment but maybe use a slicker brush gently when she needs it.

Yeah, I find wet hand grooming works best for me, I got a soft brush but it doen't have much of an effect, especially on the fluffier two.

How is Gracie now? She was looking so much better in the last post of the thread you linked. Hopefully she is completely better now.

She's doing so much better thank you. We still have hair regrowth slowly coming through, but it's simply cosmetic. I'll get a picture this evening :):love:

Back