• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I had some lovely new bird feeders for Christmas....

Fluffers

Wise Old Thumper
...and some extra nommy food for my feathered friends :thumb: but this wasn't really the kind of bird I was hoping to attract :roll: :?

20121228_100007_zps59fe5b5f.jpg

:lol::lol:

Cute!! At least it wasn't a rat - I found one of those nibbling on my bird food last week :shock:.

Gosh! :shock:

Any interesting birdies dropped by?

You mean, assuming they'd get a look in? :lol:

Depends on your definition of interesting....we get a good variety here but the Sparrow Hawk has also been around over Christmas so it's been pretty quiet of late :(

'Our' resident Robin is still about though :love:

You mean, assuming they'd get a look in? :lol:

Depends on your definition of interesting....we get a good variety here but the Sparrow Hawk has also been around over Christmas so it's been pretty quiet of late :(

'Our' resident Robin is still about though :love:

Do you ever have a Bullfinch? We have never had them in our garden. I have always been aggrieved about this, since I was a little girl and read in my 'Ladybird Book of Garden Birds' that bullfinches were 'a common garden bird.'

We used to have more birds when we had two unsightly and enormous fir trees in the garden. I loved the collared dioves, although they were incredibly silly birds. The lady used to lay eggs pretty much anywhere, so we rarely had babies.

Back