• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

We visited Greenwich, the Cutty Sark & the Royal Observatory yesterday :)

Fluffers

Wise Old Thumper
Bit grey and drizzly but we still had a nice day :D We went home via Covent Garden and the Christmas lights & decs were wonderful. Really great atmosphere too :D:D

20130102_110610_zpsf66a9e8e.jpg

20120809_113845.jpg

20130102_163334_zps8acba500.jpg

20130102_163256_zps8998f0a6.jpg

20130102_162313_zps2b7268d3.jpg

20130102_161807_zpsb994f2aa.jpg

Definitely recommend a visit to Greenwich (when it's not raining ;) ). I only really discovered it when I visited in the summer for the Olympics and so glad I did :thumb:

Looks lovely - I Love going to Covent Garden. I haven't been to the Cutty Sark and Observatory since I was at school (30+) years ago but I remember being amazed by the Cutty Sark and loved The Observatory hence my now love of the stars, sky etc., and desperately want a good telescope to skywatch. :wave:

Looks lovely - I Love going to Covent Garden. I haven't been to the Cutty Sark and Observatory since I was at school (30+) years ago but I remember being amazed by the Cutty Sark and loved The Observatory hence my now love of the stars, sky etc., and desperately want a good telescope to skywatch. :wave:

The Cutty Sark was re-opened by the Queen last year and is VERY impressive :thumb: Loads of interactive stuff for the kids and the cafe aint half bad either ;)

The observatory is mostly free to enjoy and again, lots of hands on stuff :D

I've been to Greenwich 9worth mentioning as I haven't been that many places, especially as an adult). I went with my Dad to see an exhibition that was on about Elizabeth 1. Must have been better part of 15 years ago.

Looks fantastic. Mum says Greenwish has changed a lot due to the olympics. For the better. It has been changing for about 10 years. Always beautiful.

Back