PDA

View Full Version : I Wish Morse was NOT Neutered

Jack's-Jane
03-01-2013, 08:50 AM
As I would allow him to sire a litter

I would keep them all and I would feel I would always have a part of Morse with me

Yes, I would breed. No amount of ear bashing would alter my decision. A totally selfish decision at that. I am not perfect, never will be

I cant imagine life without Morse

happybun
03-01-2013, 09:01 AM
hugs.
there's nothing to be done about that one. did morse have any siblings?

Alibunmum
03-01-2013, 09:15 AM
He is a one in a billion rabbit.:love::love: You would have to let him sire more than one litter though because we would all want a Junior Inspector.

parsnipbun
03-01-2013, 09:21 AM
hugs.
there's nothing to be done about that one. did morse have any siblings?

that was my thought - though no bun is ever going to be the same as Morse. And from our own (accidental) experience a litter of buns may well produce none at all like their father - even if one looks like him they may not have the same character at all. Parsley Piert looks like his father but is totally different in character being skittish and difficult to handle.

ShazzaBunny
03-01-2013, 09:34 AM
I know where your coming from :(
Memories live on forever :love:

Jack's-Jane
03-01-2013, 09:36 AM
Just knowing that the off-spring carried Morse genes would be enough for me. They would not need to look like him or have his 'bunsonality'

Just to know I could continue to physically touch Morse genes

All pointless thoughts though.

Alibunmum
03-01-2013, 09:38 AM
Just knowing that the off-spring carried Morse genes would be enough for me. They would not need to look like him or have his 'bunsonality'

Just because something is impossible doesn't mean it's pointless thinking about it.;)

Jack's-Jane
03-01-2013, 09:41 AM
Just because something is impossible doesn't mean it's pointless thinking about it.;)

Yes, I guess so.

ShazzaBunny
03-01-2013, 09:43 AM

:thumb: agree.

*lily*
03-01-2013, 09:55 AM
I know exactly how you feel, I would love to have my Barney cats offspring with me :love:

Tonya
03-01-2013, 10:04 AM

I would keep them all and I would feel I would always have a part of Morse with me

Yes, I would breed. No amount of ear bashing would alter my decision. A totally selfish decision at that. I am not perfect, never will be

Morsey is so special, I understand why you want to spread the Morsey loveliness :)

fruitandnutcake
03-01-2013, 10:13 AM
I totally understand what you are feeling...when something is lost that you love more than anything, any part of them to hold onto is better than having nothing. Oh, if only we could clone our special ones!

Angie65
03-01-2013, 10:54 AM
I lost two amazing frenchies not long ago- one a foster - one my cousin's unwanted bun - shortly after neuter (4 days, 2 weeks).

I've had to stop myself looking for a frenchie boy. Just cos it's a frenchie doesn't mean he will be as amazing as these two lads were.:cry:

I had exactly the same experiences with my NZ White & my White Conti. Just wanted a large REW boy:cry:

ripminnie
03-01-2013, 11:22 AM
Totally understand that. We would definitely all want one though!!! :lol: xxx

sparklefairy
03-01-2013, 11:23 AM
aww I often think about this with My storm. I know he's not as unique looking as Morse but he is just brilliant. Although he is boisterous and loves to throw things around and charge about like a tank he is also very gentle. He puts up with so many loud noises and un predictable behaviour from River, nothing phases him at all. He has even been known to sit next to River during a meltdown! I don't know any other bunny like Storm. Of course I love Gypsy just as much and she is amazing in different ways, but she understandably won't put up with as much as Storm. Whilst she is not freaked out by River she just stays out of his way.

Storm is now a 7 and a half year old French lop and I can't help wondering what if. ....

parsnipbun
03-01-2013, 11:50 AM

I have to admit I would have done anything to have just an iota of Teasal with me after he passed. As he came from rescue I have no idea where he came from so no way of locating brothers/sisters etc. Had we been able to I would have rushed up there and got them. Although they told us at Wood Green he had had sired an accidental litter before coming to them again no idea what happened to the, I like to think they are still in the world somewhere and hopefully happy.. And it was not co-incidence that I was in the same pet shop I originally got Parsnip from, looking at small fawn coloured buns, a week after Parsnip left us.

Hesperus
03-01-2013, 11:53 AM
I used to think the same about Harry, although he wasn't castrated...

He's lived on in other ways though. In the end it was better to lose him as he was in pain and suffering.

Snow-White
03-01-2013, 12:17 PM
I dont know how id have been when i lost ruby without the two sons and their daughter in my life.
:love:

Georgeypudding
03-01-2013, 12:44 PM
I think the same about Sebastian, every time I go into the branch of P@H I brought him from and see a nethie that looks like him I wish I could take them home :love: they're bound to be related in some way and he's the most fantastic rabbit :love:

Tonya
03-01-2013, 12:46 PM
aww I often think about this with My storm. I know he's not as unique looking as Morse but he is just brilliant. Although he is boisterous and loves to throw things around and charge about like a tank he is also very gentle. He puts up with so many loud noises and un predictable behaviour from River, nothing phases him at all. He has even been known to sit next to River during a meltdown! I don't know any other bunny like Storm. Of course I love Gypsy just as much and she is amazing in different ways, but she understandably won't put up with as much as Storm. Whilst she is not freaked out by River she just stays out of his way.

Storm is now a 7 and a half year old French lop and I can't help wondering what if. ....

hey girl! don't ever say something like this:) your storm is the most special bun in the world for you:)And Morsey is for Jane!
If someone tells me the most awesome bun isn't my Chrissy I simply won't believe it. She is just my bun-soul-mate:)

Mischief and Tinker's Mum
03-01-2013, 01:23 PM
Aww I understand where you're coming from. :love: I'm surprised you haven't been eaten alive by the forum members though. :lol: If it was me who had said this, I think I'd have an army against me. :?

Fellie
03-01-2013, 01:41 PM
I kind of wish sometimes that we hadn't had Bobo and Harley done - would love to see what nonsense those two would produce - babies would stay with us of course.

So totally understand where you're coming from - wish we could clone!

bethepoet
03-01-2013, 02:06 PM
I genuinely considered breeding Jessie and Harriet "just once" before we spayed, before I fully understood the rescue situation/my own personal feelings about animal welfare.

They are such beautiful bunnies (in my eyes, anyway), and they had such spunk but were so gentle at the same time. I thought it would be amazing and so unbelievably lovely to see them raising tiny versions of themselves. I also sort of projected my own feelings on to them, and really believed they wanted babies, especially when Harriet started building nests.

We only decided not to because we knew we wouldn't have been able to let the babies leave, and we didn't have room/permission for any more rabbits. So they were spayed. Harriet has kept her sass, she's a right little madam. I have seen her loving her own kind with Alfie though, which has given me endless pleasure and makes me glad I didn't breed her.

I do still feel sad when I see Jessie alone, not least because she's become incredibly laid back and timid in her adulthood, which I sometimes forget is natural and convince myself is sadness. But she's very loving towards her humans, and I will be attempting a three way bond (absolutely terrified but I have to try) this year. Failing that she'll find a husbun elsewhere. Either way it will close the doors on me feeling any kind of regret that I didn't breed, feelings I'll be glad to see go.

I suppose because mine are still young (they're all two and a half), I haven't thought about what will happen when they aren't here. I don't want to. I'm sorry it's something you're worried about :(

happysaz133
03-01-2013, 02:11 PM
I've thought that before. But its the way an animal has been brought up that makes it what it is, not exactly its parents. You could have ended up with a litter entirely like the mother and not Morse.

I know you wouldn't do it anyway because he is neutered, but wanting a copy of a previous animal doesn't always work.

youthnovels
03-01-2013, 02:16 PM
I'm not going to lie I briefly thought about breeding Toby in the future and he's only 8 months :shock: Obviously I didn't go through with it and realistically when I looked at it I wouldn't have been able to keep any of his offspring so it was all just me being a bit overly sentimental. I do understand the thought process though. When Blanche died I frantically looked for another thiantra and tried getting in touch with the people who bred her, then sold her onto a pet shop. When I took a step back though I realised it wouldn't be the same rabbit, it'd be a new one with a new personality.

And before anyone worries, Toby has gone in for the snip today though so there goes his chances with the laydeez :lol:

honeybunny
03-01-2013, 04:55 PM
Some animals seem to get into our hearts more than others and it is so natural to want them back when we've had to say goodbye.
But to give breeding a positive angle when all animals rescues are overflowing is perhaps not the best thing to do, especially when the OP is held in such high regard by so many members.

Morse, like Jack, and so many others, is very special, and I'm sure his memory will live on and on.
In rescues up and down the country are so many other very special rabbits waiting to be loved as much as Morse is

The Duchess
03-01-2013, 04:59 PM
Some animals seem to get into our hearts more than others and it is so natural to want them back when we've had to say goodbye.
But to give breeding a positive angle when all animals rescues are overflowing is perhaps not the best thing to do, especially when the OP is held in such high regard by so many members.

Morse, like Jack, and so many others, is very special, and I'm sure his memory will live on and on.
In rescues up and down the country are so many other very special rabbits waiting to be loved as much as Morse is

I am afraid I'm really shocked Jane and was about to post when saw this from Jill and have to agree with her. Shocked and saddened to be honest. I can understand you massive feeling of loss but not the breeding part one bit.

I'm not going to labour the point as Jill has hit the nail on the head.

And I won't be trying to cause a fight or locked thread so won't say any more.

happybun
03-01-2013, 05:01 PM
matthew is the only bun i've regretted having neutered. he's so beautiful and has such a lovely nature. his sister, on the other hand, is a much-loved menace! cecile was too small to breed from and charles needed to be neutered so he could live with his sister.

Hugo's There
03-01-2013, 05:24 PM
Really??

We have only had one litter here in 13 years and not only did the off spring look nothing like the parents they had completely different personalities too.

Every single rabbit is completely different. So I am thinking it's a good thing Morse is neutered to save you the disappointment when they don't turn out to be Morse and to save the pressure on them to be something they are not.

As others have said there are some amazing bunny personalities out there in rescued desperate to be able to blossom as Morse has done in a living home

Jack's-Jane
03-01-2013, 05:31 PM
Aww I understand where you're coming from. :love: I'm surprised you haven't been eaten alive by the forum members though. :lol: If it was me who had said this, I think I'd have an army against me. :?

Well as it is an impossibility I cant see why it's an issue. I fully expected certain people to slate me for having the thought though. As I said quite clearly in my OP, my thoughts are selfish. I cant help how I feel, but all can rest assured neither can I follow through on my thoughts :)

obsessedwithanimals
03-01-2013, 05:37 PM
Well as it is an impossibility I cant see why it's an issue. I fully expected certain people to slate me for having the thought though. As I said quite clearly in my OP, my thoughts are selfish. I cant help how I feel, but all can rest assured neither can I follow through on my thoughts :)

Can see where you're coming from, if anybody had such a bond with bunny as you do with Morsey I'm sure they'd be inclined to want to breed them so they'd still have the offspring to continue Morsey's line. Even if they looked different and had different personalities you'd still know who they were related to etc.

I do understand though that people don't like breeding as there are already loads of lovely bunnies looking for homes but I still understand why Jane wants to do what she does (even though she can't). :)

Jack's-Jane
03-01-2013, 05:38 PM
Can see where you're coming from, if anybody had such a bond with bunny as you do with Morsey I'm sure they'd be inclined to want to breed them so they'd still have the offspring to continue Morsey's line. Even if they looked different and had different personalities you'd still know who they were related to etc.

I do understand though that people don't like breeding as their are already loads of lovely bunnies looking for homes but I still understand why Jane wants what she does. :)

Thanks. Thinking about something and actually doing it (which I cant) are not the same thing :D

bethepoet
03-01-2013, 05:43 PM
Thanks. Thinking about something and actually doing it (which I cant) are not the same thing :D

Exactly. It's what you do that counts. We're only human, and humans have selfish desires. We have chosen not to give in to them, isn't that what's important?

Fifibutton
03-01-2013, 05:47 PM
I couldn't judge you for that , Morse is very special xx

honeybunny
03-01-2013, 06:01 PM
just to add no one has "slated" you Jane..but some of us do not agree with posting about breeding in a way that may encourage others and have politely said so

Jack's-Jane
03-01-2013, 06:09 PM
I couldn't judge you for that , Morse is very special xx

Indeed he is :love:

Buuny_Friend
03-01-2013, 06:14 PM
I am afraid I'm really shocked Jane and was about to post when saw this from Jill and have to agree with her. Shocked and saddened to be honest. I can understand you massive feeling of loss but not the breeding part one bit.

I'm not going to labour the point as Jill has hit the nail on the head.

And I won't be trying to cause a fight or locked thread so won't say any more.

I agree with Helen and Jill completely too.

I am really quite shocked to have read this from someone I thought would never condone breeding.

Will say no more. Very sad :(

Jack's-Jane
03-01-2013, 06:19 PM
I agree with Helen and Jill completely too.

I am really quite shocked to have read this from someone I thought would never condone breeding.

Will say no more. Very sad :(

Oh for goodness sake, I am not 'condoning breeding'. It was a thought, a wild whim, something I cant even do !!

I dread the day Morse dies and I was fantasising about how it might be if his genes lived on. Thats all

But it would appear that it is being made into something it is not 'elsewhere'

Hugo's There
03-01-2013, 06:39 PM
Oh for goodness sake, I am not 'condoning breeding'. It was a thought, a wild whim, something I cant even do !!

I dread the day Morse dies and I was fantasising about how it might be if his genes lived on. Thats all

But it would appear that it is being made into something it is not 'elsewhere'

I have no idea about the last bit. But surely you can see that of someone else less known posted they wish could breed their bunny because he was so special they would be ripped to pieces by the majority.

when people respect your opinions so much on a public forum sometime it's best to keep some "fantasies" private x

Hugo's There
03-01-2013, 06:41 PM
Just to add, me and Steve sometimes make up what the babies of different bunnies we have here would look like but we would never post a bout it publicly as we feel we have a responsibility not to

honeybunny
03-01-2013, 06:45 PM
But surely you can see that of someone else less known posted they wish could breed their bunny because he was so special they would be ripped to pieces by the majority.

when people respect your opinions so much on a public forum sometime it's best to keep some "fantasies" private x

Exactly ....I think that is what those of us who have disagreed have tried to say. Not been rude, not been nasty, no alterior motives. We simply disagree..think that's allowed :lol:

mini lop1
03-01-2013, 06:49 PM

jane i fully understand what you mean ie you understood me when i got sox, and know sox isn;t locks but he is part of him and he ven chears me up like he did, he just jumped on me now think to say hello to you on thread :wave:

its soo hard to loose one soo special with that bond, and havng that little bit of memory helps, there will be no more morseys, which makes him even more special :thumb: and unique, enjoy the time you have together

Jack's-Jane
03-01-2013, 06:55 PM
jane i fully understand what you mean ie you understood me when i got sox, and know sox isn;t locks but he is part of him and he ven chears me up like he did, he just jumped on me now think to say hello to you on thread :wave:

its soo hard to loose one soo special with that bond, and havng that little bit of memory helps, there will be no more morseys, which makes him even more special :thumb: and unique, enjoy the time you have together

Aww thank you Lisa :love:

Deelove
03-01-2013, 07:15 PM
He will always be One of a Kind.

we just lost our Penny dog and everyone that met her when she was younger would say they'd have a puppy from her. She was spayed at 7 and never had a litter but I know how you feel. I'd do almost anything to feel like I had a part of her again. Could you get a little paw print made or something from clay, so you'll always have something tangible?

Jack's-Jane
03-01-2013, 07:25 PM
He will always be One of a Kind.

we just lost our Penny dog and everyone that met her when she was younger would say they'd have a puppy from her. She was spayed at 7 and never had a litter but I know how you feel. I'd do almost anything to feel like I had a part of her again. Could you get a little paw print made or something from clay, so you'll always have something tangible?

That is a really good idea !! Thank you

I am really sorry about Penny :cry:

bunniesgalore
03-01-2013, 07:29 PM
I've never thought breeding would be the answer to the inevitable agony of losing someone we love. For me, what makes my guys so incredible and extraordinary is their uniqueness. I think I am hugely blessed to have met each one. There are billions of people in the world they could have lived with, they could have been born 100 years ago even. They are special because there has never been nor ever will be another 'them'. I have loved all my animal family with all my heart but I too have had some 'extra extra special ones'. I never have had long enough with any of them but still know how blessed I knew them at all. Each animal is wonderful for their uniqueness. If I'd been able to have only buns that carried say, Jacobs genes-made of love and kindness, loved cuddles, licked me all the time and never, ever got stroppy, I'd have never known my darling Basil cat, or Humphrey rabbit, or the beautiful Sophie, or Tommy Tom Tom...

I understand that terrible pain but this pain is part of life. My heart has been broken countless times and each time put together again by a new animal who in time becomes just as loved and precious to me as all those who have come and gone before.

Breeding won't mend a broken heart and whilst I know Jane wasn't saying breeding s right, the reason given for wanting to breed is the same reason millions of animals are born into a world without a home for them. The exact same reason. With people, children can carry characteristics due to a mixture of nature and nurture. With animals they are are all unique. I'm getting to know two new rescue cats after losing Basil in November. They re not him though they are Persians as Basil was. They're brother and sister and complete opposites personality wise. Humphrey and the beautiful Sophie were siblings and looked and were personality wise very different.

Grief is a horrible thing, but I am 100% certain Basil would be thrilled that I'm helping other cats, and frankly, they're helping me. One day these guys will mean the word to me. They don't just yet, but they'll both break my heart one day. I can only hope and pray that day won't come anytime soon.

Fifibutton
03-01-2013, 07:33 PM
I understood Jane's post to mean that she would not like carbon copy's of Morse but rather someone that was a part of him, there would still be a connection or sense of duty and a form of comfort in grief. I have an understanding of this because of a real life incident.

Many years ago I adopted (unbeknown to me) a pregnant and unvaccinated doe from the SSPCA. She had 5 kits which survived but she died a month after their birth of VHD. I can't stress enough how hard that was. I was just a teenager and suddenly I had orphan bunnies on my hands and numerous vet trips. A week after his mother died the largest kit passed too, possibly from the same condition. I was grieving, her kits were grieving. I had to feed them cimicat milk and one of them developed paralysis and terminal gut stasis. So there was a lot of stress and pain. But having Karma's kits to live for helped me as selfish as that is through the grief. Not one of them looked like her nor had her personality but keeping her family together was a comfort. To this day only one of her kits survives. I had adopted her sister at the same time and later the father both of whom still live and are now my oldest buns. I can't quite explain it but keeping that family together and there being a family at all is very special to me.

A human scenario would be me losing my OH and only having our children as a tangible connection. I think all humans long for that kind of connection and wish to prolong it. I think its natural. I don't think Jane condoned or portrayed breeding in any positive light.

Jane has expressed her desires but also separated them from reality and the sensible option. I don't think anyone reading this thread could be under any illusion as to what Jane stands for.

I rescue and always have done. I also neuter and vaccinate but it was a rescue who allowed a buck and two does to breed and have seven kits between them and they allowed me to adopt them without telling me the does were pregnant. That is highly irresponsible especially as I was just 16 at the time and an adult signature was not required. These things are not black and white. Jane is a permanent supporter of rescues so I don't see the sense in condoning or alienating someone who makes such a difference to rabbits in need.

Alison Marie
03-01-2013, 07:41 PM
i thought the same about nibbles, he is a lovely rabbit. but then, buttons is a bit vicious :lol: too late now though, unless nibbles was somehow still fertile when i put them back together.

ripminnie
03-01-2013, 07:42 PM
Good post :thumb:

I understood Jane's post to mean that she would not like carbon copy's of Morse but rather someone that was a part of him, there would still be a connection or sense of duty and a form of comfort in grief. I have an understanding of this because of a real life incident.

Many years ago I adopted (unbeknown to me) a pregnant and unvaccinated doe from the SSPCA. She had 5 kits which survived but she died a month after their birth of VHD. I can't stress enough how hard that was. I was just a teenager and suddenly I had orphan bunnies on my hands and numerous vet trips. A week after his mother died the largest kit passed too, possibly from the same condition. I was grieving, her kits were grieving. I had to feed them cimicat milk and one of them developed paralysis and terminal gut stasis. So there was a lot of stress and pain. But having Karma's kits to live for helped me as selfish as that is through the grief. Not one of them looked like her nor had her personality but keeping her family together was a comfort. To this day only one of her kits survives. I had adopted her sister at the same time and later the father both of whom still live and are now my oldest buns. I can't quite explain it but keeping that family together and there being a family at all is very special to me.

A human scenario would be me losing my OH and only having our children as a tangible connection. I think all humans long for that kind of connection and wish to prolong it. I think its natural. I don't think Jane condoned or portrayed breeding in any positive light.

Jane has expressed her desires but also separated them from reality and the sensible option. I don't think anyone reading this thread could be under any illusion as to what Jane stands for.

I rescue and always have done. I also neuter and vaccinate but it was a rescue who allowed a buck and two does to breed and have seven kits between them and they allowed me to adopt them without telling me the does were pregnant. That is highly irresponsible especially as I was just 16 at the time and an adult signature was not required. These things are not black and white. Jane is a permanent supporter of rescues so I don't see the sense in condoning or alienating someone who makes such a difference to rabbits in need.

Tinsel
03-01-2013, 08:11 PM

I don't think this thread is really about breeding at all. For me it's about the last sentence. Jack and, more recently, Sir Victor, have both already left raw and gaping holes in Jane's world. To me this thread is about the fear that comes from contemplation of a third, comparable loss, and Jane's helplessness in the face of that prospect.

I can understand why the wording may have caused concern but I really don't think this thread is about breeding in the real world - the fact that Morse is already neutered means that isn't even a possibility. It's more about trying to come to terms with the prospect of a loss that must feel over-whelming, and about sharing those feelings through the only external channel available.

sally1974
03-01-2013, 08:45 PM
I can completely see what Jane meant with her thread, Morse means the world to her, and she just wanted to visualise what could of been if he hadn't been neutered. I think if you love someone so much the thought of never seeing it again is overwhelming. I have never known Jane to be pro breeding, she just was talking out loud at what could of been if she could of held onto a bit of Morse. She also said she would have kept them all, which means they would never have needed rescue space. I completely understand where she is coming from.

ripminnie
03-01-2013, 08:58 PM
:thumb:

I don't think this thread is really about breeding at all. For me it's about the last sentence. Jack and, more recently, Sir Victor, have both already left raw and gaping holes in Jane's world. To me this thread is about the fear that comes from contemplation of a third, comparable loss, and Jane's helplessness in the face of that prospect.

I can understand why the wording may have caused concern but I really don't think this thread is about breeding in the real world - the fact that Morse is already neutered means that isn't even a possibility. It's more about trying to come to terms with the prospect of a loss that must feel over-whelming, and about sharing those feelings through the only external channel available.

bunnytoes
03-01-2013, 09:36 PM
Jane, I totally understand what you are saying. It is a fantasy expression of the love and bond that you have with Morse and really isn't about breeding at all.
There are people who cone special loved pets who die. Although I don't actually believe in cloning I do find myself fantasizing about cloning Julie now that she is getting older. I have a very close bond with her and think that she has a very unique personality. So I understand what you mean although my fantasy is of cloning.

Jack's-Jane
03-01-2013, 09:53 PM
Thank you to all who have been able to understand and be insightful as to where I am 'at' and what I did and did not mean.

Your posts and PMs have been very much appreciated xx

Barn Yard Bunnies
03-01-2013, 10:04 PM
Jane is being hypothetical. She has threads up on what it is like giving birth and what would it be like to have a child. Doesn't mean she is going to rush out and have a child.

Its about loving someone human or animal that is so important, if only you could have their double.

Glingle
03-01-2013, 11:16 PM
;)
Could you get a little paw print made or something from clay, so you'll always have something tangible?
See you're much more sensitive than me. I did wonder when the day comes whether taxidermy would be something Jane would consider, but a paw print or a clipping of his fur set into a locket or something that you could always keep on you might help a little. I totally understand what you meant by your post Jane, but even when Morse passes he will not have left you. You have such a special bond that his spirit will always be with you to support you x

youthnovels
03-01-2013, 11:32 PM
I wish people wold get off their soap box and look at the actual situation. Jane CAN'T breed from Morse by she has a fantasy where in a perfect world she could keep him, or at least a part of him alive. I'm genuinely fed up of rescues forcing their opinions down other people's throats!

Rach210
04-01-2013, 02:17 AM
I know how you feel Jane. Morse would sire gorgeous babies.

I put my foot down when my OH wanted to breed one of our male rats with one of our females so that our 2 most special rats could live on in a way, but I kind of wish we had.

Lib_n_bunny
04-01-2013, 10:56 AM
I wish people wold get off their soap box and look at the actual situation. Jane CAN'T breed from Morse by she has a fantasy where in a perfect world she could keep him, or at least a part of him alive. I'm genuinely fed up of rescues forcing their opinions down other people's throats!

I don't think any of them have done this, I think they've been very calm and articulate.

XxLeanne
04-01-2013, 11:47 AM
It would be lovely to have a offspring of the animal you love dearly, like a little piece of them :-)

Mischief and Tinker's Mum
04-01-2013, 12:03 PM
What breed is Morse? Don't think I've seen another bun quite like him. x

Jack's-Jane
04-01-2013, 12:25 PM
What breed is Morse? Don't think I've seen another bun quite like him. x

He's not a breed as such. Apparently he is a mix of Standard Rex, English Lop and Dwarf Lop. Same mix as the late Lord Lopsley, the late Sir Victor, Lady Lydia and Colonel Colin. That's what I was told anyway.

Angie65
04-01-2013, 12:42 PM

Good job - I'd be in prison for murder:thumb:

Jack's-Jane
04-01-2013, 01:12 PM
Good job - I'd be in prison for murder:thumb:

Eeeeeeeeep !! :lol:

Actually, so would I !!

bunniesgalore
04-01-2013, 01:48 PM
Eeeeeeeeep !! :lol:

Actually, so would I !!

I'd be a serial killer.:shock:

Barn Yard Bunnies
04-01-2013, 01:50 PM
I'd be a serial killer.:shock:

:shock: Slowly backs away.

:lol::lol::lol:

Jack's-Jane
04-01-2013, 01:55 PM
Oh dear, seems we all have dark secrets :lol:

Hugo's There
04-01-2013, 03:54 PM

maybe it's not coincidence that the few people who have independently expressed their disappointed in this thread have all been people who run rescues or similar.

So just maybe if you also ran a rescue you might at least understand if not agree with what has been posted.

I don't think any rescue has forced their opinion on this thread if anything I think it is the other way round??

Jaysmonkey
04-01-2013, 04:12 PM
Just to add, me and Steve sometimes make up what the babies of different bunnies we have here would look like but we would never post a bout it publicly as we feel we have a responsibility not to

Me and Jay always go can you imagine what Lola and Maximus' babies would have looked like. We never ever considered it though, just wondered wha they would have looked like. Lola was my soul bun and to me the bestest bunny in the whole world. To me and Jay she wasn't just a bunny, she was part human. :oops: Anyhow, for me losing her has meant I don't want another bunny like her, I don't want a bunny who others may compare to Lola, no bunny would compare, even if they were of her own litter. I'd never breed or contemplate it, a special bun will forever be with you.

I know you're merely fantasising Jane. x

ZakuraRabbit
04-01-2013, 05:16 PM
Aw...I kind of want babies from Zakura, if not for the fact that she had some pretty bad temper-problems that would most likely pass on to her kids... But after neutering she's been the nicest bun I've owned. But then again my second and third rabbits did have kits and that's enough for me:p

mini lop1
04-01-2013, 06:28 PM
i don;t run a rescue but admire the hard work that those do, as it is very hard work and you all do a fab job at it, and most of our bunnies on here are neutered anyway :thumb:

i understand both points of view, some people just prefer to write things down when they feel down whereas others don;t everyone is different, just like our bunnies, eahc one unique

bunniemum
04-01-2013, 06:45 PM
Just to throw a hypothetic question in to this thread (and it's not directed at anyone in particular), but its something I've asked my sister as she hasn't got around to spaying her puppy yet :roll:

What if there was a litter and you kept them all, but you found your circumstances changed, and you could no longer cope with them and they had to be rehomed. What would you do with them, would they be neutered/spayed and how could you be sure that your much loved pets descendants went to suitable loving homes.

Jack's-Jane
05-01-2013, 07:19 AM
Just to throw a hypothetic question in to this thread (and it's not directed at anyone in particular), but its something I've asked my sister as she hasn't got around to spaying her puppy yet :roll:

What if there was a litter and you kept them all, but you found your circumstances changed, and you could no longer cope with them and they had to be rehomed. What would you do with them, would they be neutered/spayed and how could you be sure that your much loved pets descendants went to suitable loving homes.

I dont have to think about it as it is not going to happen.

Morse is neutered

Once he's dead, he's gone

mini lop1
05-01-2013, 09:37 AM
i think the thread has run its course now, everyone has had there say, we all know jane well and the majority of buns on the forum are neutered

its just the feeling og losing your sole mate, that jane was tryiing to put accross which is hard to bare for her, as it is for many x

bunniemum
05-01-2013, 06:52 PM
Thank you for your comments. As I said the question wasn't directed at anyone in particular, it was just a thought that came to mind which was prompted by the thread.

LittleEskimo
05-01-2013, 07:32 PM
I totally understand both sides.

I know Morse can't but breeding for ones own 'needs' isn't really the best option.

But the grief of having to loose something precious is a pain hard to live with.

But I am curious as to where the breeding would stop? If you could breed Morse, mate him with a doe and bear kits, what happens when his children were close to the end and you risked loosing that piece of Morse they were carrying? Would you continue to breed Morse's kits? Trying to hold onto something that isn't really there?

Jack's-Jane
05-01-2013, 07:34 PM
I totally understand both sides.

I know Morse can't but breeding for ones own 'needs' isn't really the best option.

But the grief of having to loose something precious is a pain hard to live with.

But I am curious as to where the breeding would stop? If you could breed Morse, mate him with a doe and bear kits, what happens when his children were close to the end and you risked loosing that piece of Morse they were carrying? Would you continue to breed Morse's kits? Trying to hold onto something that isn't really there?

it is hypothetical

it is not going to happen

not sure how many more times i have to say that

weeble
05-01-2013, 08:14 PM
I think we have established that this was a hypothetical musing rather than anything else now and that Jane is not encouraging breeding. I will lock this now as it is going around in circles