• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Help, think Bella has broke her foot - U/D xray results !

Jackaroonie

Mama Doe
Hi guys basically somebody has accidently stood on Bella's foot . She's holding it up and limping and also showing signs of pain :cry: she's had 0.7 metacam like she normally does at a night time . Phones vets out of hours and they said to bring them in the house overnight and bring her in the morning , I'm so worried :(

Last edited:
Oh dear what an unfortunate accident and poor Bella, but all you can do is just take her to the vets in the morning and see what they say. It could just be very badly bruised. Hope you get on ok.

Oh dear, I hope that it is just bruised! If you are bringing her in I would be tempted to restrict her space so that she is less likely to hurt it more in the night... Not that I have any experience of this beyond seeing people set up 'hospital' cages for animals to recuperate in!

Aww, it's easily done they do tend to insist on being where your feet are about to be. You've done everything right :) It maybe just bruised but no way to tell until the vet examines it - they may need to do an xray too. Keeping her space restricted is an excellent idea Hele, the vet may prescribe continuing that for a few weeks depending on what they find.

Thanks for your replies , was a family member who accidently stood on her front left foot :( shes back in the shed with Pickle and I've adapted it and taken out the second level. I'm so worried she's my soul bunny she's so precious to me , just hope she will ve okay she's painful enough as it is what with her arthritis in her spine , tooth root and dental problems and her heart disease which she's on 0.7ml of metacam twice a day for and half a fortekor tablet daily . I'm petrified shes in pain :cry:

Thanks for your replies , was a family member who accidently stood on her front left foot :( shes back in the shed with Pickle and I've adapted it and taken out the second level. I'm so worried she's my soul bunny she's so precious to me , just hope she will ve okay she's painful enough as it is what with her arthritis in her spine , tooth root and dental problems and her heart disease which she's on 0.7ml of metacam twice a day for and half a fortekor tablet daily . I'm petrified shes in pain :cry:

Poor bella :( whilst it may seem like yet another thing to add to a long list it may well be the case that she is actually the best equipped of your buns to deal with this, as she already is being treated with quite a strong dose of painkillers which hopefully should take the edge off of any discomfort.

I hope she feels better soon xxx

Poor bella :( whilst it may seem like yet another thing to add to a long list it may well be the case that she is actually the best equipped of your buns to deal with this, as she already is being treated with quite a strong dose of painkillers which hopefully should take the edge off of any discomfort.

I hope she feels better soon xxx

Thank you. Just been out to see her , she's still holding it up but walking on it slightly but she's clearly in pain , suppose the metacam is working , also she hides pain extremely well so we don't know how bad it is ,vets later on. She's due an xray anyway as vet needs to check how her hearts doing.:(

just been out to check

Just been out to check on her and she is not too bad seems to be able to walk holding it slightly off the floor and she seems to be periscoping. Quite a bit :S she is also also lying uncomfortabley as if she is in pain :/ Bella is one of those buns who fight pain even when its serious so really don't know . :( she had her metacam 0.7ml about twelve am, when will it ware off ?

The Metacam should remain effective for at least 12 hours

Hopefully she will be back to normal in a couple of days. Good luck at the Vets xx

Awww poor Bella...I hope she is ok ((hugs))

When I go out to the quad...I have to throw a couple of pellets to the back of the avairy or shed so I can get in without treading on them.. they all try and bundle me and I constantly worry I will tread on one!

Update

Been to the vets this morning with Bella, and of course Pickle came too . We did not haver our usual vet John but another one as he was not working until the afternoon. Anyway, vet was feeling her feet for ages and she is unsure whether it is broken or not, she's still limping, so we've left them so she can have x-rays. Vet planned to do an x-ray in January to see how her heart . Hopefully it won't be broken and she will be okay. :(

Poor Bella!

Sending vibes to your special girl. At least she has her Pickle with her.

xx

Back