• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Parsley Interviews No. 7 'The Babies'

parsnipbun

Wise Old Thumper
No. 7 in a series

Parsley Interviews . . ‘The Babies’ along with Carnation Lily and Dandelion

Following his recent ear operations our intrepid reporter has been spending the winter snoozing in front of the fire and cultivating his ‘one pack’ (aka his stomach). But the milder weather has seen him out and about the last two days and lurking suspiciously by the ‘The Babies’ run.

The (human) Mama can now report exclusively that the following interview has been discovered in a well nibbled notebook stashed under his food tray . . Parsley himself appeared slightly traumatised and was sleeping fitfully . . .

[Those new to Parsley’s Warren may need to know that ‘the babies’ are in fact an accident produced from a brief flirtation between Parsley and Carnation-Lily Lily Rose - four of them live together with CLLR and their step-father Dandelion. Two others live with other members of the warren. The ‘Babies’ are actually now 18 months old and each weigh in at about 3kilos. CLLR is 3.8 kilos and Dandelion is a large French Lop, totally deaf and poor of sight]

PARSLEY: (Perhaps a little over-jovially and in an unusually deep voice . . . ).
‘Well hello there - can it be that these delightfully attractive young buns I see in here are all chips of the old block? My how you have grown . . . and grown . . . . and indeed grown . . . (looks at Eglantine thoughtfully . . . .) and errrrr . . . . developed .
And just remind me, what are all your names? and surely there are two of you missing?

EGLANTINE, MEADOWSWEET, WOODBINE, and COLUMBINE in Unison:
Good Morning ‘Parsley Bunny Papa’. Surely you remember our names are Eglantine, Meadowsweet, Woodbine, and Columbine. Woodruff and Parsley Piert have left home now as we are all so . . . big.

PARSLEY (Genially). .
‘And so you are . .so you are . . . and what very very attractive bunnies you are as well. Just like somebun I know . . .
Let me see now (looking at slightly darker bunny) you must be Columbine , and you two (looks at two identical buns) are Meadowsweet and Woodbine . . . errr . . or is that Woodbine and Meadowsweet??? or indeed Rosancratz and Guildenstern (chortles at own literary witticism!!) and of course YOU (winks raffishly) must be Eglantine . . . . and you look SO much like your Mama . . .. of whom I have SUCH fond memories . .

CARNATION-LILY LILY ROSE (looming into view from the rear of the chalet run, with large dewlap out in front and undeniable resemblance to moonlit ship under full sail):
‘Indeed - FOND memories, but if i may mention it in front of the children, BRIEF ones!
Five seconds of fun with you and I end up with six mouths to feed. Do you KNOW how long this lot tried to breast feed for? TWELVE weeks - my figure has never recovered! TWELVE WEEKS of having to walk around with six one kilo weights attached to my undercarriage by suction. All together, squashed into this small run (gestures round at enormous 3 level chalet with ensuite run and hay facilities etc).I mean where have YOU BEEN these last 18 months?
And then there was that awful teenage period when they all started fighting, and goodness knows how we coped when Woodruff and Eglantine here didn’t get on (Eglantine tries to look innocent but fails as is developing same statuesque figure as her mama). There were bits of ears everywhere. It was SUCH a relief when Woodruff went to live with her boyfriend . . or should I say boyfriends!. And as for that Parsley Piert . . WELL he took after his bunny papa and no mistake .. . off as soon as his fancies took him and now I hear he is living with his boyfriend . product of a broken home - lucky I havnt had social services round here!. I mean what was I meant to do? Left alone, single mother, six mouths to feed, did I mention there were six?, . . . at my wits end . . . no financial support . . . and I wasnt meant to be able to have babies anyway . . .

PARSLEY: Mmmmmmm . . errrr . . . well they are a very very handsome family, such a pleasure to have around surely, . . . .. and I understand that you have had some assistance . . if I might phrase it that way . . . so not totally, what you might call, ‘alone’???

EGLANTINE, MEADOWSWEET, WOODBINE, and COLUMBINE in Unison:
Yes ‘Parsley Bunny Papa’ we’ve got a step-bunny papa, he’s really fun. He’s big and cuddly and you can run all over him and round him and lay on him and he never minds and he’s always here and we love him very much . . . .

PARSLEY: (sounding just a hint wounded):
Yes well, I’m sure he’s an excellent step-papa, and just the sort of calm steady influence that you young things need . . . rather than a ‘man about town’ wanderer like me!

CARNATION-LILY LILY ROSE: ‘Man about Town’!!!????? Thats not what I’d call it - I’ve seen you running round getting muddy feet, chasing after the human Papa, more like ‘Puppy about Town’ I’d call it, and as for that Princess Peaches . . . .I’ve heard the rumours . . . and her figures not what it once was either . . .

DANDELION: (waking briefly and speaking from underneath an over-excited Meadowsweet and Woodbine): zzzzz......zzzz... ouch . . . . Did someone mention me ? Oh hello Parsley - nice to see you old man, come to help out with the children at last . . bit of a handful your lot eh? Do you think you could get their feet out of my ears at all? I mean whilst your here - perhaps entertain them for a while? Let them walk over you and steal your food? They do SO enjoy that . . . .

PARSLEY: (backing slowly towards the exit and looking round for his human Papa for help): Well I think perhaps thats enough for the readers for now, real life family drama and all that . . . . I’ll pop back in another 12 months or so . . just to see how things are . . . though of course if any of you young things fancy a day out with your bunny papa . . . (winks at Eglantine who really is VERY well developed and looks just like her mama did 18 months ago . . )

EGLANTINE, MEADOWSWEET, WOODBINE, and COLUMBINE (all getting over excited and running round and round and round and round . . ):
YES PLEASE!!!!!! a day out with papa, a day out with papa. . . (etc etc)

PARSLEY: Ah yes . . well best have a chat with your mother about the arrangements then . . . Must dash now . . . .

[Parsley was later found snoozing in front of the fire - twitching occasionally in his sleep as though imagining a herd of elephants walking over him . . . ]

ab167406.jpg

feaed303.jpg

84fb3962.jpg

cbe1f005.jpg
(this one with Mulberry and Bluebell added)

Last edited:
Oh my ... oh dear me... I am almost crying with laughing. :lol::love::thumb:

Particularly liked the descriptions of CLLR and Eglantine, and the elephant reference in Parsley's dream leads beautifully into those ample and mainly greyish behinds in the first photo ...

I was still chortling over this in bed last night.

Hurrah for Parsley, and intrepid interviewer indeed. :thumb:

Social Services will certainly be round if they hear that Parsley is eyeing up his daughter... :shock: :lol:

Lovely interview to start off the new year... and I love the photos. What a gorgeous group they are. :love:

Social Services will certainly be round if they hear that Parsley is eyeing up his daughter... :shock: :lol:

Lovely interview to start off the new year... and I love the photos. What a gorgeous group they are. :love:

Parsley no longer has his fluffy teabags and so any eyeing up is entirely in his imagination!!!

It's okay, I'd guessed that he was a bit less bunly than he used to be... and also that there was a bit of authorly poetic licence going on... ;)

It's okay, I'd guessed that he was a bit less bunly than he used to be... and also that there was a bit of authorly poetic licence going on... ;)

he still does get 'interested' in Princess Peaches now and again - despite all his varied health issues! (and lack of furry tea bags)

Wonderful. :love:

I didn't know Parsley was a father of 6. :oops:

well it is a bit of an embarrassment all round really - he still had his bits for the first 3 years we had him, as when we first got him we were told he might have a heart problem and that every GA was a risk . . . and CLLR had been living with an unneutered boy (Dandelion) at the place I rescued them from, and she said there had not been any offspring in 2 years they had been living together . . . so she guessed CLLR had been done before coming to her . . .

With hindsight :roll: I should have been more careful as there was no concrete evidence of neutering (in fact circumstances of the place I rescued them from did suggest it would not have been done there) and I suspect it was just poor conditions that had stopped any breeding.

Parsley is a housebun (and patio) and CLLR lives outside in a chalet set up on the lawn so they didnt normally come into contact any way - but he does occasionally perambulate the lawn or slip through the gate when other buns are around (usually returning with a nipped nose for his troubles)

So when the babies appeared one day ( a month after Parsley had one of his regular lawn perambulations) we realised we had been fooled - kept them all to save 'face' so to speak, and neutered CLLR as soon as we could.

We neutered Parsley shortly after the infamous penis amputation/head humping incident . . . . though I suspect that it was fairly pointless by then due to the 'incident' with Charlie:shock::shock:

All the babies were 'done' as soon as they were old enough and we now ask the vets to try and scan any new female buns we have where there is any doubt over neutering.

Last edited:
well it is a bit of an embarrassment all round really - he still had his bits for the first 3 years we had him, as when we first got him we were told he might have a heart problem and that every GA was a risk . . . and CLLR had been living with an unneutered boy (Dandelion) at the place I rescued them from, and she said there had not been any offspring in 2 years they had been living together . . . so she guessed CLLR had been done before coming to her . . .

With hindsight :roll: I should have been more careful as there was no concrete evidence of neutering (in fact circumstances of the place I rescued them from did suggest it would not have been done there) and I suspect it was just poor conditions that had stopped any breeding.

Parsley is a housebun (and patio) and CLLR lives outside in a chalet set up on the lawn so they didnt normally come into contact any way - but he does occasionally perambulate the lawn or slip through the gate when other buns are around (usually returning with a nipped nose for his troubles)

So when the babies appeared one day ( a month after Parsley had one of his regular lawn perambulations) we realised we had been fooled - kept them all to save 'face' so to speak, and neutered CLLR as soon as we could.

We neutered Parsley shortly after the infamous penis amputation/head humping incident . . . . though I suspect that it was fairly pointless by then due to the 'incident' with Charlie:shock::shock:

All the babies were 'done' as soon as they were old enough and we now ask the vets to try and scan any new female buns we have where there is any doubt over neutering.

Don't apologise. Gosh I have yet to even know what plums look like. I never knew Babydarling our chinchilla was a boy until his daughter was born. What a shock, thought is was a mouse in their hutch.

They are beautiful Parsley babies, well big big babies now. :love:

Don't apologise. Gosh I have yet to even know what plums look like. I never knew Babydarling our chinchilla was a boy until his daughter was born. What a shock, thought is was a mouse in their hutch. They are beautiful Parsley babies, well big big babies now. :love:

Oh my goodness. :shock: What a shock it must have been.

Lord Spenser was the result of an 'accident' in his previous home.

Oh my goodness. :shock: What a shock it must have been.

Lord Spenser was the result of an 'accident' in his previous home.

I still remember screaming to James, there is a mouse or a rat in the hutch with the chinchillas. On closer inspection it was a baby chinchilla. :oops:

Back