• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice for bonding

purplesponge

Warren Scout
Im hoping to bond my single male (neutered) with the two girls (who are due to be done end of Jan, and they'll be done soon as possible). I was just wondering if I should attempt to bond them now while I have a few days off work, or will it pay off to wait until the girls and done and healed? Thanks in advance

Can you g ive us more info such as their accommodation, where you would introduce them, are the 2 together now and how old are they?

Sorry, I missed this one. Personally, I think I would wait for the two girls to be neutered, healed and hormones calmed down. I have had a male and two girls before, but a long time ago (20 years ago when female rabbits weren't generally spayed). If I knew then what I know now, they would have all been spayed. Holly was only neutered as I thought he was a girl (because the vet said so!) so when I added two sisters I was a bit shocked when he started humping them :shock: Now I know that humping occurs in bonding regardless of whether they have been neutered or not, and that girls hump girls too :lol:

Can you g ive us more info such as their accommodation, where you would introduce them, are the 2 together now and how old are they?

At the moment they both live in seperate cages, the boy in one, and the two girls in the other, who we got together, simba is 7 months old, and the girls are possibly about 20 weeks ish, i have a pen they can be put in downstairs :)

As you may have read in my post about bonding a male house rabbit, it took 4 days before our 1 year old and baby female would properly bond so you may need more than a few days.

As you may have read in my post about bonding a male house rabbit, it took 4 days before our 1 year old and baby female would properly bond so you may need more than a few days.

this is fine as i am home majority of the time anyway, just still not sure whether to try bonding now or wait until next month once they are spayed and healed...my circumstances have now changed and them being bonded sooner would be more beneficial for everyone

Back