• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm the kind of owner who doesn't really buy commercial 'treats'...

Summer&Skye

Mama Doe
:oops:
3B0C0780-13C6-4583-A6A4-F1F4C1B7A69D-3850-0000062A5C8F28BA.jpg

:lol:

Just a warning, those locust bean things aren't good for bunnies. Well ..I'm not claiming to know about them but old threads (and a recent new one) has said the middle bit (I think) can be harmful to rabbits.

:lol:

Just a warning, those locust bean things aren't good for bunnies. Well ..I'm not claiming to know about them but old threads (and a recent new one) has said the middle bit (I think) can be harmful to rabbits.

Oh :( Iv already given them a couple. I bought them for Grayson too so I won't give them to the rabbits again just in case! Hope they're ok for hamsters!

the seed inside is poisonous I believe (to all animals) but spoilt rotten bunnies!

Oh right :shock: I only get them cos iv seen them in hamster mixes but don't think Grayson's had any in and thought he might like them! How can they be sold if they're poisonous?? :oops:

Oh right :shock: I only get them cos iv seen them in hamster mixes but don't think Grayson's had any in and thought he might like them! How can they be sold if they're poisonous?? :oops:

They are cracked open and the shells/husks are the bits which are sold and they are edible, but often a whole one or a seed will sneak through into the bag, and they are poisonous!

They were my first buns absolute fave, but I stopped buying them when I found that out!

I wondered why they were sold as well if the middles are poisenous.. And while we're on the subject; why does muesli style rabbit food get sold if it's so bad for them?? I never though this would be possible and didn't know it was bad for them untill i researched before buying my buns.

I wondered why they were sold as well if the middles are poisenous.. And while we're on the subject; why does muesli style rabbit food get sold if it's so bad for them?? I never though this would be possible and didn't know it was bad for them untill i researched before buying my buns.

because people buy it! Think of all the rubbish out there people sell, if someone is buying it they'll keep on selling it :(

Back