• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What's your Rabbit Resolution?

RosRWAF

Warren Scout
It’s New Year and many of us will be resolving to drink less, stop smoking, get out more or just eat less cake. Whatever you’ve decided to do, good luck with it, we know how hard these resolutions are to stick to. In fact, they say that over 80% fail by the end of January.

Why not make a resolution that’s easy to stick to, why not make a Rabbit Resolution?

We’re asking our members and supporters if they can do something very small to help rabbits, who as we know, suffer neglect and cruelty at the hands of owners who simply don’t know any better.

What will you do?

• Give a home to a rescue rabbit and give your own rabbit a companion into the bargain?

• Print off one of our posters and ask your vet to put it up in their waiting room to help get the message to rabbit owners? Click here and go to A4 posters to download on the right hand side of the page. http://rabbitwelfare.co.uk/ahutchisnotenough.htm

• Write to a pet shop that you know sells tiny rabbit hutches and suggest they improve their range? Click here for some example text for your letter. http://www.rabbitwelfare.co.uk/pdfs/letter_to_retailers.doc

• Take an RWAF Hop to It booklet to your local vet and encourage them to join? A booklet can be obtained here at a cost of £1 including postage (sadly we have to cover our costs but we hope that won’t put you off). http://www.bunnybazaar.com/RBLBKLT/...p-To-It--A-comprehensive-guide-to-rabbit-care If your vet joins they will receive, amongst other great benefits, 75 Hop to It booklets for their clients. http://www.bunnybazaar.com/HRWAMVP/...oin-the-RWA--Veterinary-Practice-Subscription

• Something else entirely? Let us know by commenting below.

Happy new year everybody!

I plan to improve things for my own bunnies. I adopted Misty without fully realising what rabbits need, so a good shed setup and spaying/neutering and bonding my bunnies are my priorities for this year.

I'm not sure what I'll do, but I will try to do something. I lack confidence in really pushing the message, important as it is. :oops:

I'm going to continue to improve my bunnies set up.. I have a shed but need to do more 'internal' refurb to it as a hutch and a couple of toys may not be enough .. I need a joiner to visit... Also want to invent some original playthings for their runs. To keep them interested!!!

I'm not sure what I'll do, but I will try to do something. I lack confidence in really pushing the message, important as it is. :oops:

Do you feel confident enough with your own vet to offer him/her a copy of Hop To It to read and ask him/her for an opinion (to encourage them to read it)? Maybe even choose one section and ask for an opinion on that? Once the vet has had a look at the booklet, we hope they'll realise how helpful it is for owners and want to know more

Nervousness is hard to overcome, but so worth it if one vet will improve information available to clients and hopefully by joining the RWA have access to so much support from Richard Saunders.

Great to improve things for our own rabbits too. We all have things to learn about their care. Yes, me too!

:D

Most vets aren't great with bunny care and so I bought my vet membership and am forever taking in things for them to do notice board campaigns. I write to my local papers every Spring about vaccinations and have featured in a front page article about myxi outbreaks. I also write near Easter, when there's floods, hot weather etc. My Mum now could do Mastermind on bunny care!
Of everything, I personally think encouraging vets to do bunny vaccination campaigns is one of the most important things all of us can do. At my vets a poster I took in that's an RWA vaccination one is on the front door now at eye level and the only poster there is. Every single person sees it. I truly hope it does make a difference.

Back