• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor gumtree bunny

Alicia

Mama Doe
I know I shouldn't look on gumtree because it only annoys me but I still do it anyway and about 20 minutes away from me there is a poor little 1 year old netherland dwarf looking for a home because its owners are looking to get a dog instead. :censored:
Why do people not think before they get pets? I would never get another pet if it meant rehoming the ones I already had I thought that was how most people thought but obviously not.
Why do people think that rabbits can just be rehomed when they get bored? Rabbits are a big commitment, they can live a long time and can be quite expensive and I feel so bad for this little nethie, it makes me so sad when I see a bunny that isn't wanted :( It doesn't even say what gender it is, or anything, just 1 year old netherland dwarf :( It just makes me want to go and get these poor little rabbits who have done nothing wrong, their owners just get bored.

I'm a free ads volunteer guys, if you want to pm me any links I can send some helpful pms to the people rehoming/selling buns.

I decided to look on our local one. :censored:
Bunnies listed because;
Owner has just got a kitten, which 'annoys' the 10month old rabbit.
No longer having space for a 1yr old rabbit.
2 18month old boys who are no longer played with
A Netherland dwarf baby who was bought as a mate for a larger rabbit & they haven't bonded (apparently due to size, pretty sure Dwarf bunnies don't shrink on the way home from pet store)!

Arrrgh. :(

'Best' one I have seen recently was that the seller had just had new wood flooring put down and did not want it scratched by the Rabbit :roll:

After the hamster incident this morning I have asked my husband to block preloved and gumtree on the home laptop and my mobile...he is a techie and so I wouldnt have a clue how to undo these sorts of things...I need blocking before we end up having to move house!!!

I looked once and ended up getting Smokey.
So grumpy , scruffy , sad looking and unloved.
Now after 18 months is the most wonderful loving bunny.
Content with his life and always seeking attention amd love which he gets.
And bonded contently with first Mabel and now Molly.
Is so sad that people can just give these lovely creatures up.
One reason why i love this forum as we are all like minded.

I saw one the other day for a house rabbit, the couple were having a baby :shock::, Why can't you have both, I would never get rid of a family member just because I was having a baby. These people should not be allowed kids or pets.

Back