• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I so want him, but he is so far away :( UDpost 51 pg 6 :(

ShazzaBunny

Warren Veteran
http://www.scottishspca.org/rehoming/animal/10417_alfie

if anyone remembers my bridge bunny Flynn, you will see why i want him so much

75675_10151244833671416_980855155_n.jpg

Last edited:
:love:......wee darling... I love his ears Shazza...He is a cutie....

sorry he isn't with you now...Maybe someone nice can help.....

fee x

Aww someone might be able to get him to you there's ways and means for everything an Hes gorgeous x

Bless him

I would say that he definitely has middle ear disease. If he has not had skull radiographs/CT scan then there is no way this can be totally excluded just by looking into his ears. I would put money on an Xray/CT scan revealing an abscess in his middle ear :cry:

What? Even though you are a foster carer for Fairly Beloved?....

Yep, they dont homecheck for rabbits :)?) but i need to sign the paper work, i could post them it surely?

Jane, im not sure what investigations they have done TBH, i would imagine just a basic examination though.

I'm in Aberdeen...... It's not that far from me. I was looking at him the other day too and thought he was gorgeous.

Yep, they dont homecheck for rabbits :)?) but i need to sign the paper work, i could post them it surely?

Jane, im not sure what investigations they have done TBH, i would imagine just a basic examination though.

Just spoken with them and they have not done any diagnostics. But the lovely young lady in charge of the Rabbits is going to discuss it with the Vet when he visits on Friday.

Just spoken with them and they have not done any diagnostics. But the lovely young lady in charge of the Rabbits is going to discuss it with the Vet when he visits on Friday.

Thats positive, hopefully its nothing, but at the same time, after Flynn who ultimatly died of an ear abscess, and given how similar they look, i could not re-live that :(.

Being sensible, this rabbit is NOT my beloved Flynn :( still want him though :lol:

If you decide to go for him, I could take him to Dundee. I can't really go further as Roxy is still being fed so wouldn't want to leave her for more that 3 hours.

I hope his vet visit goes ok.

Is it just a case of having no transport? Given all you're doing for us I'd be able to drive you up if you were able to help with cost of petrol. I need to test my new car on a longer journey.

If you decide to go for him, I could take him to Dundee. I can't really go further as Roxy is still being fed so wouldn't want to leave her for more that 3 hours.

I hope his vet visit goes ok.

Thats really kind, thank you so very much, i think i will wait until Monday and see if there are any further investigations being done. If he is healthy enough, i will ask if i can post adoption forms to them. Not going to get my hopes up, as i think in some way i expect him to be Flynn, and thats probably not a sensible reason to want him :?.

Is it just a case of having no transport? Given all you're doing for us I'd be able to drive you up if you were able to help with cost of petrol. I need to test my new car on a longer journey.

Thats a very kind offer Crunchie, i know Morgan would drive it, but he is snowed under with work etc and i am not good at driving long distances. I think best thing is to hold off, see if they will do some more tests, then decide from there. If he gets the all clear, then super, if not then i cant do it, as sadly ear abscess buns have a sealed fate :(

That's fab that you have hopefully got him some more help.:thumb:

Can't believe the priorities of the SSPCA, no home check but must have a signature. :?

That's fab that you have hopefully got him some more help.:thumb:

Can't believe the priorities of the SSPCA, no home check but must have a signature. :?

Only £15 for an unneutered bun too, apparently the Edinburgh center get some of their buns done at the vet school but most of the centers don't. I'm sure pets at home charge more than £15 so you've got to wonder what the logic is in making unneutered animals available more cheaply than the biggest pet shops.

We werent homechecked for Jack. I did show them pictures of the set up but I could have easily downloaded them.

The logic for homechecks seems odd too, we were homechecked for a snake in the summer which is fair enough as they require more equipment than most. During the homecheck the lady wanted to see our set ups for all our animals, also fair enough I'd say. However my friend adopted some rats from them a month later without a homecheck and later became ill. I offered to take them and given it said in the rehoming conditions that she had to get in touch if she could no longer keep them we did so. They insisted I had another homecheck about 2 months after my snake one. It was the same woman that came out and everything.

Back