• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What can/will you do to help rabbit welfare?

Mrs. Bunnykins

Wise Old Thumper
In 2013 my aim is:

1.Try and educate more people about responsible rabbit ownership.

I've found that one of the best ways to do this is when I'm fundraising for rabbit rescues which gives me the opportunity to chat bunny owners and prospective bunny owners.

2. Find more time to fundraise for the rescues.

3. Volunteer more often to offer practical hands on help at rescues.

Whatever we do, big or small to help the welfare of rabbits, it is helping them and that's what it is all about.

Best of luck in 2013.

I think I will carry on as I am doing, which is:

Fundraising by donating a percentage of profits of the 'hopontop' boxes to rescue

Fostering bunnies for a rescue

Occasionally helping out at rescues when I have a spare day :)

Going around Surrey/Hants/Berks with the Rabbit Care Information stand helping the public to learn about rabbit welfare

I also want to start in 2013:

Fostering guinea pigs

Donating a percentage of my boarding profits to rescue (when I can start boarding after we move house and I get set up properly!)

I will~

~Carry on helping out/supporting my local rescue...its very small at the moment but I totaly agree with the ethics etc...
~Join in with rescue secret santa when the time comes round again
~Buy forage and treats etc from here to help raise funds
~Fostering guinea pigs (I have my first due in within the next week)
~ I have an empty playhouse and im torn between using it to adopt another pair of bunnies or offer foster space...but im struggling to find a rescue that will let me foster without having to travel miles and miles to use their own vets :(

Carry on donating to Pledge a Pound. Collect newspapers for rescues. Offer a foster home when needed. Attend fundraising events.

I hope I've already done some good for one rabbit:p
I learned in December that my cousin was planning to get a rabbit this summer, so I gave her a few pointers and a link to an article about rabbits and kids (as she has a toddler and a baby) and told her just how hard it was to keep rabbits outside in the Norwegian winters.

Aside from that I'm just going to spread advice on forums as I always do and make life as good as possible for my own trio.

I'm hoping to raise more awareness, possibly by posting flyers in shop/vet windows (with permission!) and I think I'm going to try and get my local P@H to let us have a stall.

Not for rabbits but I've also offered my time at a fox sanctuary (yes yes I know :lol:) one where the foxes are never released because of disability etc just waiting for hear back :)

Not for rabbits but I've also offered my time at a fox sanctuary (yes yes I know :lol:) one where the foxes are never released because of disability etc just waiting for hear back :)

JELLY.
I've always loved foxes, ever since I was a kid and watched Animals of Farthing Wood on TV. I want a domesticated pet fox...

I will continue to save the money made from my hens eggs to donate to PAP.

I will continue never to enter a shop that sells pets.

I will keep up my RWAF membership.(been a member 18 years)

All of my pets are, and will be rescue pets.

I wont ignore a rabbit or piggie I may somehow become aware of, that I suspect is not being cared for properly.

There's so much that i'd like to do but am hoping I will be able to...

1. Help out once a week at local rescue centres

2. Sale my craft creations to raise money for rescues

3. Collect items (newspapers, blankets, etc) to donate to rescues

4. Continue to be a member of RWAF

5. Educate people on how to care for rabbits properly

I really hope that i'll be able to achieve the above :D xx

Back