• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anybody else have this?

I<3Rabbits

Mama Doe
Today I was speaking to my brother about my shed sign ( because he asked) and he was like OMG your so weird Emma and a couple of weeks ago he actually said to me " how do you have friends :shock::cry: this probably sounds pathetic and soppy but sometimes it actually hurts my feelings, but I never really show it. And when family friends come round and see my shed in progress there all give me that look. I have no bunny friends, so have nobody to speak to about this stuff, I do know a few people with rabbits but they don't really look after them they just put them in a small hutch at the bottom of garden ,give them a bowl of bunny mix a day and clean them out once a fort night. Does anybody else have this ? I just want to let it all out so I thought i'd just post it on here.:(
Also sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

Oh yes! But I get worse from my dad, he insists on suggesting I eat them every time I see him. And family just don't understand why they get a bedroom and not the damp wet shed that I spent a fortune building for them with attached walk in run (that I roofed and turfed for them!)

Oh...I lost it once and replied that they also eat dogs in China, so why don't they eat theirs :lol: There was stunned silence and an uncomfortable atmosphere for ages after that.

Some people just don't understand that bunnies are just as important as cats and dogs are to them. I think some older generations still recall when they were kept in hutches at the bottom of the garden post-war just for food, and think that is where they should still be! And they think I'm totally mad taking on unwanted rabbits and putting them through life-saving surgery the next day :)love: my Pebbles), having them neutered and vaccinated . Typical quote "we didn't do that in my day and they were just fine..."

Thats why I love this forum and everybody on it :love: the most heard quote I've heard is " :shock: there Rabbits:shock:".

Not normally. But my mom was having a go at me for planning to keep indoor rabbits when I get my own house warning me about how much they smell and all that....
I've had rabbits living inside before, while still living with her no less...I had an UN-NEUTERED BUCK in my bedroom for several months and wasn't complaining. What on earth mom? :p

I must admit... I get teased all the time... my hubby who loved Floppy always said about making sure we had a pie dish big enough to take him .... He then realised that Floppy was a part of the family and stopped. was gutted when he passed.

I personally don't care if people have a laugh about me getting a shed for my Christmas...Let them laugh.....

fee xxx

If ever people make you feel rubbish, just remember that all of us on here feel exactly the same as you :wave: you are not weird for wanting the best for your bunnies!! Other people do my head in sometimes :evil:
I was at work the other day (in a chemist) and a man was buying some Frontline flea stuff for his dog. I told him it was a lot cheaper buying it from us than the vets, then he started going on about how vets charge the earth and don't usually make the animal better anyway :roll: He said he had a dog who's back legs went, and the vet said if he had this operation he would be ok again, so they went for it. It cost £700 and was not successful, so he had to be put to sleep. I then told him about my 4 bunnies and that I was one of the top 100 spenders at my vets last year :shock: he just ridiculed me and said "you've got to be realistic. You can't be spending hundreds of pounds on a rabbit!!!" I said that they're my babies and I'd sell my car and everything else if needs be. He just thought it was stupid. Why is it ok for him to spend it on his dog, but for me to spend it on my bunnies is ridiculous???! :? I won't be serving him next time he comes in!!!

I think the majority of the population are ignorant/un-enlightened to what characters bunnies have and how sensitive rabbits can be. They struggle to understand how humans can form bonds with them even while readily accepting they (humans) can develop bonds with cats and dogs. :roll:

In many cases it is simply that they don't understand and have never enjoyed the experience of owning a bunny in a bunny-healthy environment. :cry:

Keep your pecker up and bask in the knowledge that your superior attitude poops on their un-enlightened lives. ;)

I agree, I get the same. At the end of the day it's my time and money that's being spent on the buns, not theirs :)

I won't say who, just in case as I'm paranoid- they might see it. But someone I know gives such dirty looks to me and Ludo when we're snuggled up together on the sofa and it really annoys me! They clearly think Ludo is dirty and can't understand why I'd want to hug a rabbit! And it's Ludo's house he lives here so if you don't like it don't come round! :evil::evil::evil:

people do say pot/stew/pie etc to me - they seem to think its hilarious, they are prob under the impression that I've never heard it before :lol::lol::lol:

A family friend nearly spontaneously combusted when she found out I kept my piggies indoors :shock::lol:.

ooh! how shocking! :shock::lol::lol:

PS - so do I - they scurry round my utility room and sleep under the radiator :shock:

I have actually had enough now :evil: I just had to listen to my dad, aunt and brother all laugh at me in front of me. I felt so so well I don't know, upset I suppose :cry:

Some people don't understand the bond we have with our rabbits. All you can do is ignore them and know that they are missing out big time :) ...or you can find something they adore and laugh in their faces about it ;)

Some people don't understand the bond we have with our rabbits. All you can do is ignore them and know that they are missing out big time :) ...or you can find something they adore and laugh in their faces about it ;)
Thanks so much for your kindness x:D I always feel better after coming on here:love:

Thanks so much for your kindness x:D I always feel better after coming on here:love:

Good, I'm glad :love: You'll probably snap one day, I did good and proper ;) :lol: but I got taken seriously after that! I still get "ha, aren't you too old for rabbits?" then I spend the next half an hour explaining vet costs, housing, care, spaying/neutering, vaccinations, rescues etc. They soon shut up and agree with me, mainly to stop me talking :lol:

Or "ready for the stew yet?" .. my reply? "no, they're vaccinated, you can't eat vaccinated rabbits" *blows raspberries* ;) :lol:

Practically all my mates think I'm crazy for having them in the house but they don't say anything bad, to my face anyway.. :lol:

I work in a pet shop aswell, and even my colleagues think I'm mad, they just laugh at me and call me the bunny lady and that my house is a zoo :oops: jokingly like so nothing nasty :)

Since my numbers have increased from 2 to 4 my mam now jokes that we have enough for a hearty rabbit pie :shock: but I know she's only joking and she loves them as much as me.. She wouldn't let them stay inside if she didn't right? :shock: :lol:

Oh and I always get strange looks from the delivery guy that delivers my hay and straw :lol:

Back