• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Suggestions to stop escaping bun

MellyRabiit

Alpha Buck
Hi all, we are due to get a house bun (my first having owned and still do 6 outdoor buns).

Whilst at work we want to give her the run of the kitchen but there is a door to the kitchen and an opening which is 72cm.

We need to block the opening to stop her chewing wires whilst not around. She is a giant bun but still quite small as she is only 5 months.

Any suggestions on stair gates to stop your buns getting through?? I can't find many with an opening of 72cm as a min.

Thank you :)

I use an opened up puppy pen to cover anything I don't want chewed, would easily fit over an opening of that size.

Hi :wave:
We purchased some puppy pens which are separate mesh panels of various sizes and build them up to what ever you want and Buns can't crawl through. They are nice and high and my house has some at the bottom of the stairs sometimes and in various other places around the house to stop chewing and nibbling in areas that are dangerous. Their living area is built up with them and when we are in and the buns are free range they just open up like a gate. I can't remember where we got them, have had them for ages as we bought them for my other two buns. maybe Ebay or some where like that have them.
:D

we use a child stairgate acrross our kitchen door which stops our dwarf lop from getting through during the day.

Back